Disparity between premiership and EFL
(09-25-2020, 12:38 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 12:22 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:49 AM)Noibla Wrote: Has much really changed though pre 1992? How many different teams have won the division before 92 and after? Sure some biffs can tell me as i cant be arsed to google it

In the preceding 30 years before the creation of the Premier League, 11 clubs won the title 

Liverpool, 13
Everton, 4
Arsenal, 3
Leeds, 3
Man U, 2
Derby, 2
Forest,
Ipswich
Man C
Seals 

Isn't that 10?  Huh
(09-25-2020, 08:52 AM)Narcosis Wrote: I read this recently, very related to this thread. It has some good stats in it tbf:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot...30431.html
Excellent. Thanks.
It points out the disparity between the top few and the rest statistically. Not just title winners, but Top 6... which is what you'd expect. 
And that the Top clubs hold the gun if a breakaway super League to the head of the rest.
As I said, I'd be happy with that. We'd all have to flex down, but so what! It'd be like me going to watch my local league club (Bradford as it happens)... which is proper football, and good fun
One of the arguments from 'pundits' and 'experts' against a breakaway is that 'the quality will go down'. Total guff. Your armchair 'football watcher' might be annoyed, alongside those who turn up only when the big boys are in town, but they can do one. The global clubs will still have the players they have now. The rest of us will still have the players we have now. Its not as if all other pro's will stop playing cos they're not at a big club.
MrFizz Wrote:One of the arguments from 'pundits' and 'experts' against a breakaway is that 'the quality will go down'. Total guff. Your armchair 'football watcher' might be annoyed, alongside those who turn up only when the big boys are in town, but they can do one. The global clubs will still have the players they have now. The rest of us will still have the players we have now. Its not as if all other pro's will stop playing cos they're not at a big club.

Off the top of my head, admittedly, but wouldn't the quality of the national side go up? (With a breakaway).  Those 50 players Chelsea had out on loan last year, plus all those from Liverpool, Man City etc. may get more of a chance to further their careers and develop at the best level they can.
Anyway, as a Baggie, I'm all for them buggering off. They won't do it though. They like the best of both worlds.
(09-25-2020, 06:37 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
MrFizz Wrote:One of the arguments from 'pundits' and 'experts' against a breakaway is that 'the quality will go down'. Total guff. Your armchair 'football watcher' might be annoyed, alongside those who turn up only when the big boys are in town, but they can do one. The global clubs will still have the players they have now. The rest of us will still have the players we have now. Its not as if all other pro's will stop playing cos they're not at a big club.

Off the top of my head, admittedly, but wouldn't the quality of the national side go up? (With a breakaway).  Those 50 players Chelsea had out on loan last year, plus all those from Liverpool, Man City etc. may get more of a chance to further their careers and develop at the best level they can.
Anyway, as a Baggie, I'm all for them buggering off. They won't do it though. They like the best of both worlds.

Yep. Why bugger off to a league you have a 1 in 16 chance of winning, when you can stay here, rake it in, lord it over everyone else and have a 1 in 4 chance of winning.