Marcus Forss
Very good book out there called Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, about what makes geniuses in all manner of life, including sport.
There’s many who look like potential world beaters who don’t get there because of a mixture of not been in an environment where they are pushed into a new level or they get dispirited.
So far we’ve done very well with our youth and haven’t missed many. Every year there will be ones let go and it’s how they bounce back.
As yet we haven’t let go of a Harry Kane, like Arsenal did.
Always hurts though when you let a kid go and it turns out he's actually half-decent.

I mean i'm still seething over selling Carlton Palmer.
If Morton hadn't had a massive injury layoff we would not be talking about Forss because as talented as Forss is Morton was younger and better and that 12 months out has seriously hampered him.

We also had Tyler Roberts on the books with Soule and Tulloch coming through to the U18s at the time, we were well stocked and Forss was hardly first team ready as attested by him joining Brentford's B team project and not linking up with their first team.

Personally I will be delighted if Forss does well and Brentford sell him as we get some revenue as per compensation rules and it will be another big advertisement as to the quality of our academy structure.
(10-01-2020, 05:51 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: One will regret allowing to leave our Academy.

Outstanding talent.

Is he the real deal?

(10-01-2020, 06:54 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Always hurts though when you let a kid go and it turns out he's actually half-decent.

Despite reports that he was released the club rated him and offered Forss an extention apparently. His parents (his father acts as his agent) thought he wasn't progressing though and were impressed by Brentfords offer of their B team structure and loan plan and thought it had better career progression.

In hindsight he made a very good move by the looks of things. 

We had some very good forwards coming through also and you can't keep them all.
(10-01-2020, 07:20 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 05:51 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: One will regret allowing to leave our Academy.

Outstanding talent.

Is he the real deal?

(10-01-2020, 06:54 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Always hurts though when you let a kid go and it turns out he's actually half-decent.

Despite reports that he was released the club rated him and offered Forss an extention apparently. His parents (his father acts as his agent) thought he wasn't progressing though and were impressed by Brentfords offer of their B team structure and loan plan and thought it had better career progression.

In hindsight he made a very good move by the looks of things. 

We had some very good forwards coming through also and you can't keep them all.
Top knowledge Peachy, and you are right that we can't keep them all. Unfortunately, it appears only the really big clubs can have heaps and heaps of players.

Outstanding talent.
Like a broken record, how many more will we “regret” , how many more “from a great family” “one to watch” just shut up
Always remember.

Ziz defended McDonut, one of the main reasons we got in the shit and needed Pulis to save our asses.
(10-01-2020, 06:28 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 06:22 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 06:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Outstanding talent.

Christ you are tedious.

I find it strange, he never mentioned him when he was here, now he’s scored a goal he’s an outstanding talent, not sure if tedious is the word I’d use.

I did mention him actually.

Remind me which user name you were posting under when you mentioned him, Brunty, Albion, or was it one of the many, that just slip my mind at the moment?   Rolleyes

Outstanding talent.

Could be ... probably left the Academy around the same time you left the asylum.
That young Dutch lad we let slip through our fingers, Cruyff,  has done well.