Match Thread
(10-04-2020, 12:45 PM)Brandywell Wrote: Would be a different game if we had Romelu in the middle instead of Livermore

He's been everywhere winning the ball

Livermore has been poor. But far better than Sawyers
We started to look better after half time,then Kanu came on and my heart sank.
(10-04-2020, 12:47 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 12:45 PM)Brandywell Wrote: Would be a different game if we had Romelu in the middle instead of Livermore

SJ was OK, everyone else has largely been rubbish. Field had ten minutes of making a difference, now looks like the rest. Kroc, not noticed him.

HRK pointless.
(10-04-2020, 12:47 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 12:44 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 12:43 PM)keef Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 12:29 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 12:28 PM)keef Wrote: you cannot criticise that last goal it was just class

Apart from the midfield being emptied,, the cross not being stopped and Diangana not tracking no!
I agree nothing we could have done sometimes you just have to admire good football

This board steadfastly refuses to acknowledge the other team.

Saints don't look anything special to me though. Second goal was special...

Which is the worry. We've been 2nd best all over the pitch to a not particularly special (by Premier League standards) side.

Jakes mobility seems to fluctuate. He's too slow and not mobile enough at present imo. He's better when lighter.
(10-04-2020, 12:47 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Sawyers isn't in the team to win the ball Livermore is  that's his sole job and he just can't do it anymore. It's been obvious since the start of last season
(10-04-2020, 12:49 PM)HugeHons Wrote: We started to look better after half time,then Kanu came on and my heart sank.

HRK for Sawyers would have given me some hope.
(10-04-2020, 12:44 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 12:43 PM)keef Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 12:29 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 12:28 PM)keef Wrote: you cannot criticise that last goal it was just class

Apart from the midfield being emptied,, the cross not being stopped and Diangana not tracking no!
I agree nothing we could have done sometimes you just have to admire good football

This board steadfastly refuses to acknowledge the other team.
That’s what many football fans are like. 
Southampton have years of Prem experience and money so this was going to be tough. 
It’s a bit depressing today’s performance but a lot of football to play and new faces to come in.
(10-04-2020, 12:50 PM)westbromjack Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 12:49 PM)HugeHons Wrote: We started to look better after half time,then Kanu came on and my heart sank.

HRK for Sawyers would have given me some hope.

A traffic cone for Sawyers would have offered more today.

Maybe a second cone for HRK too.
Very very routine win for soton. We barely ever looked like scoring and they could have had more. That's against a side who have been very poor at home and will be in the lower reaches probably. 

Our midfield didn't link up at all well. Livermore and Saywers chasing shadows and Pereira and Diangana isolated figures who struggled to create anything.