Disillusioned with football?
TBH once we've lost and played crap I lose all interest in the other games going on. When we win or draw and do well I'll watch lots more.
(10-05-2020, 06:36 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 08:09 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I'm thinking that with the way early season results have gone this may be the most interesting season for ages.

It will be tough for us - but at this moment i genuinely couldn't call the title.

Could be another Leicester type season? 

Spurs are looking possibles and Everton. 

I know it's only one game but United, City and Poo look like they've lost the plot.

Sadly Villa need adding to that possibilities list after yesterday Wink
There's lots of goals every weekend and the top teams aren't as dominant at the moment. You've never had it so good. Think there's confusion with being disillusioned with Albion rather than top flight football in general. Or would you prefer low scoring games and the usual suspects winning every week?
(10-05-2020, 08:36 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: There's lots of goals every weekend and the top teams aren't as dominant at the moment. You've never had it so good. Think there's confusion with being disillusioned with Albion rather than top flight football in general. Or would you prefer low scoring games and the usual suspects winning every week?

At last some sense on this thread.
(10-05-2020, 06:36 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 08:09 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I'm thinking that with the way early season results have gone this may be the most interesting season for ages.

It will be tough for us - but at this moment i genuinely couldn't call the title.

Could be another Leicester type season? 

Spurs are looking possibles and Everton. 

I know it's only one game but United, City and Poo look like they've lost the plot.

I would agree. As long as its not the spawny lot down the road it would be good to get a new winner.
(10-05-2020, 07:50 AM)TartanRug Wrote: TBH once we've lost and played crap I lose all interest in the other games going on. When we win or draw and do well I'll watch lots more.

I'm exactly the same fella.

I've only watched MOTD2 this morning, while I'm working, so I didn't know any results! I can see now why this thread was started! Clearly doesn't help when Villa beat Liverpool 7 - 2!

Some great, shock results this weekend, and shows there's some healthy competition. Unfortunately we haven't arrived at the party yet. Everyone else turned up before us with elaborately wrapped expensive presents, and we've turned up late, with just a card. Hopefully we can still help ourselves to some of the buffet and drink on offer, and enjoy ourselves!
(10-05-2020, 09:09 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 07:50 AM)TartanRug Wrote: TBH once we've lost and played crap I lose all interest in the other games going on. When we win or draw and do well I'll watch lots more.

I've only watched MOTD2 this morning, while I'm working, so I didn't know any results! I can see now why this thread was started! Clearly doesn't help when Villa beat Liverpool 7 - 2!

Some great, shock results this weekend, and shows there's some healthy competition. Unfortunately we haven't arrived at the party yet. Everyone else turned up before us with elaborately wrapped expensive presents, and we've turned up late, with just a card. Hopefully we can still help ourselves to some of the buffet and drink on offer, and enjoy ourselves!

As analogies go thats pretty darn good. Big Grin
Regardless of us, and stupid decisions (and the even stoopider debate duration over these - which you cannot convince me isn't an advertising segway) it's been a really entertaining season so far. With fresh competition for the title, the trendy clubs in dire straits and the champions taking a hammering from the cunts of the league. What's not to like, apart the cunts winning of course, and apart from us not winning (which has to start sometime).

Yeah it sucks about the money but it is what it is. I love Big Brother.
VAR is going to kill the elite game as a live spectator sport anyway. What's the point of paying to spectate when all the spontaneity is removed from the game?
(10-05-2020, 09:09 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:

Hope you are not a HGV driver.