The 2 year project plan
Did getting promotion shaft it? Did we come up too soon?

Judging by the depression on here it would seem that promotion and a struggle has knackered the plan up!
Once Covid hit we had to be promoted.

We wouldn't be enjoying it down there this season. We'd have had a lower half budget.
(10-05-2020, 04:23 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Once Covid hit we had to be promoted.

We wouldn't be enjoying it down there this season. We'd have had a lower half budget.

True, then again only Norwich and Forest have spent over £8m this season, so I think we'd have been competitive. Brentford and QPR are over £6m, the rest are barely hitting £2-£3m each...some way lower. Could all change by the 16th though I'd guess. And we'd definitely not have Diang...
No, we probably wouldn't have Diangana, Robinson and Pereira so would have been much weaker than last season.
(10-05-2020, 04:31 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 04:23 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Once Covid hit we had to be promoted.

True, then again only Norwich and Forest have spent over £8m this season, so I think we'd have been competitive. Brentford and QPR are over £6m, the rest are barely hitting £2-£3m each...some way lower. Could all change by the 16th though I'd guess. And we'd definitely not have Diang...

We most likely would have had to sell players and bring in freebies.
(10-05-2020, 04:33 PM)Artist Wrote: No, we probably wouldn't have Diangana, Robinson and Pereira so would have been much weaker than last season.

Pretty sure we would have had Pereira as the clause was triggered anyway. And the deal for Robinson could still have happened, and maybe Kroc too... so it would probably only not have been Diang that we got back.

Whether we'd have had to cash in on Pereira is possible though.
(10-05-2020, 04:38 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 04:33 PM)Artist Wrote: No, we probably wouldn't have Diangana, Robinson and Pereira so would have been much weaker than last season.

Pretty sure we would have had Pereira as the clause was triggered anyway. And the deal for Robinson could still have happened, and maybe Kroc too... so it would probably only not have been Diang that we got back.

Whether we'd have had to cash in on Pereira is possible though.

We would have Pereira, but then have to sell him. Unsure we'd be bringing Kroc on loan again. I doubt Robinson would have wanted to come to a Championship club, so that wouldn't have happened. Judging by the reactions of Jenkins and Livermore, it's fair to assume we were in for some harsh times. I don't think we've seen the full impact of Covid on EFL yet.
We would have been committed to Pereira but that would have left us with little or nothing to spend elsewhere. The reality is, things would have been quite grim. Whatever the current mood regarding our transfer dealings is, it would have been a lot worse had we not gone up.
We would be in the shit big time that's why I cant believe we are waving the white flag after 4 games because it will be the same again next season even with parachute payments.....say goodbye to diaganna and mathius
The two year project was this...

Avoid losing millions of pounds, avoid making staff redundant and avoid losing our better players and ending up in the Championship or worse for the next decade. There was no genius plan other than to get the fuck outta there ASAP!