Looks like things are going a little pear shaped with the Commonwealth Games.

If they aren’t building the athletes village does that mean they don’t have Reason to demolish the A34 flyover. Result, if so.
Thank fuck for that, I thought 2022 might've been when we were gonna sign our next player.
(10-06-2020, 11:28 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: Thank fuck for that, I thought 2022 might've been when we were gonna sign our next player.

That will be when we are Covid free.
I thought the no Athlete's Village decision had been made before cov id struck anyway? Maybe I am really able to see the future if not!
(10-06-2020, 11:33 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 11:28 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: Thank fuck for that, I thought 2022 might've been when we were gonna sign our next player.

That will be when we are Covid free.

Covid will most likely be around for eternity.
(10-06-2020, 11:03 AM)JOK Wrote: Looks like things are going a little pear shaped with the Commonwealth Games.

If they aren’t building the athletes village does that mean they don’t have Reason to demolish the A34 flyover. Result, if so.

its still being demolished and rightly so the whole area needs modernizing
It is not “Rightly so” at all. The area may want ‘modernising’ that doesn’t mean the flyover needs to come down. It is remarkable that the vast majority think it is, at best, a dubious idea. Those opposing it include:
Businesses.
Residents, (81% who responded to a consultation) The vote was taken even before the consultation process was completed.
Local councillors and M.P.
The Mayor.
Highways England. Wanted a moratorium on the decision.
Motoring organizations.
Commuter groups.
Environmental groups due to standing traffic at lights increasing pollution levels. Data has shown traffic flow will be worse.
A Safety group.
A Traffic Management committee declared it will, ‘… bring disruption and traffic chaos for no improvement to traffic flow”.
TfWM has already highlighted, “Perry Barr could become the best-connected suburb in Birmingham with or without the flyover in place.”

Add to all this the fact the new layout will not now be ready for the Games. It is scheduled to take two years and we all know that means at least four and at three times the budget.
So, No, it is not rightly so.
Demolishing that flyover is possibly the most stupid idea the council have ever come up with. I don't even have to add the letters, IMO.
(10-06-2020, 01:24 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I thought the no Athlete's Village decision had been made before cov id struck anyway? Maybe I am really able to see the future if not!
No you are right it was. More down to lack of cash than C19.

For what it’s worth best cancel the whole thing.
I'm amazed the Commonwealth Games is still a thing, to be honest.