Nadal
Equals Federers record of 20 Grand Slam wins
by winning the same tournament 13 times lol - he isn't his equal, he could polish his shoes though!
(10-11-2020, 05:00 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: by winning  the same tournament 13 times lol - he isn't his equal, he could polish his shoes though!

Disagree. You could say Federers 20 highly boosted by his 8 Wimbledon wins. Both outstanding players. And Nadal has suffered crippling injuries
Nadal has had career ending injuries at least twice, yet come back every time.

This era of tennis of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray won't be beaten ever again, any one of them would have dominated previous eras.
The Nadal/Federer 2008 Wimbledon final was one of the all-time great tennis matches.
Thought we had bid for the Barcelona centre half. 54 now - so coming into our price range
(10-11-2020, 06:24 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Thought we had bid for the Barcelona centre half. 54 now - so coming into our price range

He’s actually Rafa’s uncle.
Nadal is a clay muscleman. Superior fitness and power grinds our the long rallies on the slowest surface. Roger has finesse and is probably the last of the marginal serve-volliers. Both wonderful players but very different. Djokovic is a machine when fit and probably the best of the lot.
(10-11-2020, 06:19 PM)Duffers Wrote: The Nadal/Federer 2008 Wimbledon final was one of the all-time great tennis matches.

i agree - that and Smith v Nastase - 

Federer is the better player, although Nadal is pretty unbeatable on clay courts.
(10-11-2020, 06:19 PM)Duffers Wrote: The Nadal/Federer 2008 Wimbledon final was one of the all-time great tennis matches.

The very best for me.

(10-11-2020, 09:07 PM)igorbalis Wrote:

i agree - that and Smith v Nastase - 

Federer is the better player, although Nadal is pretty unbeatable on clay courts.

Federer is the better all round player.

He bridged the gap between the likes of Becker, Sampras et all. One handed backhand! Great to watch but he'll be be bettered.