Aguero Hand on Shoulder
(10-18-2020, 02:00 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 12:52 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 08:28 PM)lemon Wrote: Anyone see it?  Onions?

Was shocked at the time.  Cant touch any officials without risking a booking or worse for intimidation.  With Massey being Female it just looks even worse.  The body language and the whole thing just so awkward and out of touch with the modern era.

Regardless of whether the Asst is female or not, Aquero shouldn't be putting his hand on her, he actually slightly pulls her back.  What's he thinking of?  He wouldn't do it to a male.  

Booking for me.  Wouldn't surprise me if retrospective action. 

Credit to her for not reacting, imagine if that had been Sealish? He's have dropped as if hit by a sniper.  Wink

Lamptey put his arm on Batshuayi's shoulder & he fell on his arse to win a penalty.

Yeah gather it was very soft  Rolleyes
(10-17-2020, 10:41 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Jesus he ain't fingered her.

bit of a strange analogy China  Dodgy
Watching the last 30 mins of Palace v Brighton today noticed at one stage ref put his arm on the shoulder of one of the players.

Not commented on by any of the commentators/pundits.
(10-17-2020, 08:31 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Looked a fuss over nothing. A completely inoffensive tap on the linos shoulder.

No one would have said a thing of it had been a bloke. Utterly harmless but PC brigade must have made Beeb highlight it. 
By the reaction anyone would have thought he’d had a game of tit cricket!
(10-18-2020, 07:50 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 08:31 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Looked a fuss over nothing. A completely inoffensive tap on the linos shoulder.

No one would have said a thing of it had been a bloke. Utterly harmless but PC brigade must have made Beeb highlight it. 

Well. Credit to the lino then.
(10-18-2020, 07:57 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

Augero shouldn’t have done it. It was a shade patronising, but highlighting it is much ado about nothing.
(10-18-2020, 08:01 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Augero shouldn’t have done it. It was a shade patronising, but highlighting it is much ado about nothing.

I don't think much fuss has been made.

A swift booking and getting on with play would have been the best course of action for sure.  I think any media reaction would have been lessened if that had happened.  The fact he 'got away with one' fuels the fire for the media and two Bob hacks like me to raise it for discussion.

I don't know aguero or his mindset for doing it,  nor do I know his views on women and his views on women officials in the men's game but I wanted to raise it out of a sheer nosiness to see what the characters on here would say about it. I haven't been disappointed.

For many it's a non event.  A tap on the shoulder of an official who's gender is irrelevant.  Get on with the game.  For others it's a respect for women thing. Massey is an established and well respected female official with a professional no fuss approach and deserves better than the patronising arm on the shoulder that (for me as I watched) threw back to a bygone era of poorer treatment of women.

Don't touch the officials or you risk a booking.  
Don't touch a female official as a male player or you risk looking like a knob as well as a booking.
In isolation, it does look awkward, but I don't think anyone other than Massey and Agiero know the context. Massey is a very good official a nd I think if Aguero did anything untoward, she would have informed the ref. Therefore I think this is a storm in a teacup.
(10-18-2020, 11:31 PM)lemon Wrote:

A swift booking and getting on with play would have been the best course of action for sure.  I think any media reaction would have been lessened if that had happened.  The fact he 'got away with one' fuels the fire for the media and two Bob hacks like me to raise it for discussion.

I don't know aguero or his mindset for doing it,  nor do I know his views on women and his views on women officials in the men's game but I wanted to raise it out of a sheer nosiness to see what the characters on here would say about it. I haven't been disappointed.

For many it's a non event.  A tap on the shoulder of an official who's gender is irrelevant.  Get on with the game.  For others it's a respect for women thing. Massey is an established and well respected female official with a professional no fuss approach and deserves better than the patronising arm on the shoulder that (for me as I watched) threw back to a bygone era of poorer treatment of women.

Don't touch the officials or you risk a booking.  
Don't touch a female official as a male player or you risk looking like a knob as well as a booking.

I feel used and exploited now.

You just wanted us...for our brains.