Going cold turkey...
(10-18-2020, 11:11 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 10:57 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 10:55 AM)wba13 Wrote: I’m in watching with my bubble, won’t miss a match if it’s at all possible to watch.

That blind “I’ll watch regardless of how much the club and PL rogers me” mentality is why they’ll continue to do so.

You really think a few West Brom fans waving an angry fist are going to make a difference?

No I don’t, but a massive chunk of all 20 clubs’ fans boycotting might.
I'd love to know how many have paid to watch this Sheffield United v Fulham game.
(10-18-2020, 10:53 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Tomorrow will be the first time in nearly 50 years I’ve made the choose not to watch a home match on my own volition. 

I’ve got out of birthday parties, weddings, holidays, kids things and just about any other commitment to always attend home games.  

I’m not paying the £15 (along with project big picture which will undoubtably be revisited in some form shortly now the cat’s out the bag) and off the back of the decision to charge I’m not going to the pub or bothering to stream it. 

Oh and VAR can fuck off too.

I’m sure I’ll be slowly pulled back in but for now I’m on a one man protest!

Free at your local?
(10-18-2020, 11:21 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: I'd love to know how many have paid to watch this Sheffield United v Fulham game.

I'd also like to know how much it costs Sky to set up and broadcast PPV. 

My hope is that so few people pay that they make a loss on it, that’ll stop it pretty quickly..
(10-18-2020, 11:10 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Anyone who pays to watch, you are part of the problem and why they get away with it.

I’m going to pay to watch it.  It’s only the equivalent of 3 pints.
I'm only going to be able to watch the second half so my decision to watch it entirely depends on the half time score
(10-18-2020, 12:17 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 11:21 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: I'd love to know how many have paid to watch this Sheffield United v Fulham game.

My hope is that so few people pay that they make a loss on it, that’ll stop it pretty quickly..

It can't cost them much extra at all, the cameras, uplink, etc are at every premier league game anyway, for overseas broadcasts.
(10-18-2020, 12:40 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:

It can't cost them much extra at all, the cameras, uplink, etc are at every premier league game anyway, for overseas broadcasts.

Yeah you’re right, it’ll just be the PPV aspect - setting up the payment infrastructure, delivering it and so on that’ll be the cost.

Hopefully they’ll decide it isn’t worth it.
(10-18-2020, 11:11 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 10:57 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 10:55 AM)wba13 Wrote: I’m in watching with my bubble, won’t miss a match if it’s at all possible to watch.

That blind “I’ll watch regardless of how much the club and PL rogers me” mentality is why they’ll continue to do so.

You really think a few West Brom fans waving an angry fist are going to make a difference?
I don't, that is exactly the reason I won't renew my season ticket let alone won't pay ppv, throughout this I have finally realised how insignificant I am to football, the tv companies, even the Albion.
(10-18-2020, 12:40 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:

It's live on about 20 channels across the globe so those costs are covered, no need for PPV here its just profiteering