FAO Birdy
Best wishes Birdy, as FF says if you do or don't get a job it's meant to be - you can only do your best which you will have.  

Take care.
Well.

Didn't get it. However they are getting permission from HR to try to open up a new position, same description and wage as the original so they can recruit me too.

So not sure how to feel.
Sounds like they like you and someone else... or maybe you are second choice in the event the first doesn't come off.

It doesn't sound like bad news to me, and it won't look good on them if this doesn't come to pass.

But take the positives from this... do you trust them? If so, how can that be anything but good news. Well done!
Birdy they are opening a position up for you they can see what potential you have and a great asset to their business. Try look on the brightside of this and not a rejection this is a half full time mate.
Like Hawks and LIQ said, that is positive news - if you sucked they wouldn't have given you any potential upside. You're an Albion fan, nothing comes easy.
(11-02-2020, 12:19 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Well.

Didn't get it. However they are getting permission from HR to try to open up a new position, same description and wage as the original so they can recruit me too.

So not sure how to feel.

Had similar with my last interview, guy said if we had 2 jobs you'd have one. Sadly for me, they never tried opening up a second vacancy just for me, I'd be well chuffed with that to be honest chap!
As far as trust it is with the NHS so I believe what they say.
Sounds promising to me.

As mentioned above, look at the positives. I’ve never forgotten what my late father told me. He had watched an interview with Michael Caine and Michael said during the interview that he always looks for positives out of a negative situation.

The positives here Birdy is that they are seeing if they can recruit you also.
Another clear positive is how many people applied and you managed to get through to the interview stage
Another clear positive is that you were only marginally pipped at the post by someone else and how many others did they interview that you were deemed far more suitable?

Loads of positives to take from this Birdy.
Also, you are casting the net/pitching yourself in the right arena. That is another big plus Birdy, regardless of outcome which sounds like it will fall into place for you anyway.
(11-02-2020, 12:19 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Well.

So not sure how to feel.

Obviously they were impressed. How I would feel would depend on how they put this to you.