Jay Rodriguez
(02-17-2019, 12:40 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Didn't someone start a thread a few weeks ago asking "exactly what does he do"?

Probably. He adjusted his hair on the Tuesday match and all some fans could do was berate him for being too busy with his hair. The same match he scored his 6th penalty of the season.

Phenomenal work rate. The sort of player who lifts the performances of those around them.
I think he's come into his own this season playing in a front 3 that interchanges, it suits his style of play to have that freedom. He's an intelligent footballer who's the focal point of our attacks this season, particularly since Barnes has left.

Last season I didn't think he was showing enough as a number 9 or 10, but that was in a front 2, I always thought a front 3 would suit him better. Either way you can't fault his professionalism and attitude. We're lucky to have him.
(02-17-2019, 02:28 AM)Squid Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 12:40 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Didn't someone start a thread a few weeks ago asking "exactly what does he do"?

Probably. He adjusted his hair on the Tuesday match and all some fans could do was berate him for being too busy with his hair. The same match he scored his 6th penalty of the season.

Phenomenal work rate. The sort of player who lifts the performances of those around them.

Part of why we're struggling at home.
A master at pulling defenders AOTS getting space for others to utilise. Professional modern unselfish striker. Key part of our strike force.
(02-16-2019, 11:48 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 11:46 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 11:33 PM)Dumbo Wrote: @Coral
Jay Rodriguez has scored 17 goals in the Championship, with 7 in his last 9.

Yea he's fuggin shite according to some, reminds me of an Ally Brown runs all day links play makes space and chances for others but also knows where the goal is would struggle without him imho, also shout out to HRK stepped up again today say what you like about him but gives everything for the cause fantastic header today.

HRK also criminally underrated.

I don’t think HRK is underrated.  He works hard and is capable of being both decent and awful.  His first touch is often very poor and for a striker his goal ratio is very low.  He’s an OK Championship striker (certainly not a Premier League striker which he was signed as).

His attitude is good and I really like his work rate. He’s a team player.   He has clear limitations and I’m happy that he’s one of our striker options in this league. 

Did superbly yesterday.
@mattwilson_star
Since joining #wba in summer of 2017, Rodriguez has played 69 out of 70 league games. He’s started 63 (and should have started more). He’s never rested. Think we can put to bed that reputation for being injury prone. It’s quite the opposite now.
And put to bed the myth players need to be rested every other week
(02-16-2019, 11:29 PM)Dumbo Wrote: So so so underrated.

Not a dig here but you really can’t appreciate the work and running he puts in unless you’re at the game.

He was fucking phenomenal today.

Harper (1st half), Hegazi, Dawson, Gibbs...fucking all of em the beauty’s.

Holgate my MOTM today. Quality.

Fuck the Villa, come on you Baggggggies.

+ 1 about Rodriguez, so under appreciated. When will the kiddos of the Smerrick get a chant going for him? Even had the chance to support him v. Brighton but chose to attack Bing.

Come on guys - even rehash the Super Bob/Kev chant, La Bamba whatever, lets start singing this guys name
(02-17-2019, 09:43 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 11:29 PM)Dumbo Wrote: So so so underrated.

Not a dig here but you really can’t appreciate the work and running he puts in unless you’re at the game.

He was fucking phenomenal today.

Harper (1st half), Hegazi, Dawson, Gibbs...fucking all of em the beauty’s.

Holgate my MOTM today. Quality.

Fuck the Villa, come on you Baggggggies.

+ 1 about Rodriguez, so under appreciated. When will the kiddos of the Smerrick get a chant going for him? Even had the chance to support him v. Brighton but chose to attack Bing.

Come on guys - even rehash the Super Bob/Kev chant, La Bamba whatever, lets start singing this guys name

To be fair there is a Jay Rod chant, even though it's the same as the Barry one.

Ohhhh, we've got Jay Rodriguez
Ohhhh, takes it past defenders
Ohhhhh......
Super player. Slipped Gayle in just before the penno, t'other night. Put Murphy through for a one on one yesterday. Cool as a cucumber with penalties, never stops running and pulling defenders around. Someone said he is the best striker in the Champ, they may well be right.