Boris
(11-16-2020, 11:45 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 10:16 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 10:14 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Isn't there the possibility he could be transmitting the disease without suffering from it. I think I heard that it's not known yet if we will still be carriers even after a successful vaccination hence the need to continue social distancing after being vaccinated until enough people have been treated.

That's correct Jacko, we simply don't know enough about it yet to know either way.

Well that's not true either. Clearly people with any influenza strain can be asymptomatic carriers. That's one of the ways the virus spreads. A vaccine won't be successful in all people either.

I literally can't believe what I'm reading though: "hence the need to continue social distancing after being vaccinated"

Boggles the mind that the populous has been so scared and frightened and controlled that people now are thinking in these terms.

That's because we follow the science, even if it is bullshit.
(11-16-2020, 10:14 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Isn't there the possibility he could be transmitting the disease without suffering from it. I think I heard that it's not known yet if we will still be carriers even after a successful vaccination hence the need to continue social distancing after being vaccinated until enough people have been treated.

That's correct Jacko, we simply don't know enough about it yet to know either way.

Well that's not true either. Clearly people with any influenza strain can be asymptomatic carriers. That's one of the ways the virus spreads. A vaccine won't be successful in all people either.

I literally can't believe what I'm reading though: "hence the need to continue social distancing after being vaccinated"

Boggles the mind that the populous has been so scared and frightened and controlled that people now are thinking in these terms.

57k excess deaths in 2020 against the 5 year average in England and Wales - that's over 10% of all deaths in a normal year. And that 10%+ is mainly people that have protected us all of our lives, some even fought for the freedoms that you have, and your view is 'lock them away' let the rest of us get on with it.

You spout theories as facts and then take risks that you don't know the outcome of. It's too early to know a lot of information about this virus but you recklessly have taken a view without knowing what will happen.
(11-16-2020, 11:54 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

57k excess deaths in 2020 against the 5 year average in England and Wales - that's over 10% of all deaths in a normal year. And that 10%+ is mainly people that have protected us all of our lives, some even fought for the freedoms that you have, and your view is 'lock them away' let the rest of us get on with it.

You spout theories as facts and then take risks that you don't know the outcome of. It's too early to know a lot of information about this virus but you recklessly have taken a view without knowing what will happen.

You believe it's a completely novel virus with no relevant data/science that can be applied to it.

I believe it's not a novel virus but a strain of SARS2/Mers/HN1 etc etc as per what has been published. It's a new but not novel influenza variant that I believe you can apply the immunology/virology/epidemiology science/research to from over 60 years.

Whilst there is still a lot to learn to throw out all that we know about respiratory illnesses and start spouting the scaremongering tripe that I've seen many post on this board is frankly fraudulent and only for one purpose.

And then to throw at me the "your view is 'lock them away' let the rest of us get on with it" shows how desperate you are. 99.966% of the world population is currently surviving covid. I've never said lock them away. I've said take precautions and get on with your life. That's what it's for Living. To lock away the healthy massive majority and not expect it to do more harm than good long term is frankly naive at best, manslaughter at worst.
The problem with that view is that we are seeing a rise in excess deaths again now that we have moved out of the summer months and you just deny or ignore that fact. We are also heading into the winter months where there viruses are more virulent. You view might be right, but the simple fact is you don't know, and whilst you don't know you are taking, and encouraging other to, take risks.
Assuming he had it the first time   Wink
All of the scientific medical community.

It's a novel virus.

Billy.

It's not a novel virus.

Hard to decide which to believe.
In my opinion it's the tin foil hat virologist experts spreading bogus shite on social media that is part of the problem causing people to be too flippant with the 3 rule regime. I see the latest is advising people not to take a vaccination because you get implanted with a tracking chip ffs
(11-16-2020, 01:03 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: All of the scientific medical community.

It's a novel virus.

Billy.

It's not a novel virus.

Arf  Big Grin
(11-16-2020, 01:03 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: All of the scientific medical community.

It's a novel virus.

Billy.

It's not a novel virus.

Bollocks

Novel corona variant but not a novel respiratory virus - keep up

(11-16-2020, 12:47 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The problem with that view is that we are seeing a rise in excess deaths again now that we have moved out of the summer months and you just deny or ignore that fact. We are also heading into the winter months where there viruses are more virulent. You view might be right, but the simple fact is you don't know, and whilst you don't know you are taking, and encouraging other to, take risks.

I'm telling them to live their lives and take precautions. Like they do every winter since time immemorial. And the fact that we are see no influenza or other respiratory cases - it's cured - should tell you the winter season will be as virulent or maybe more (not because of covid or flu but because of the thousands upon thousands of missed NHS apptmts and deaths at home frightened to go to hospital)

But this argument just goes back to the ultimate question:

Do you think the actions we've taken since June are net beneficial, in terms of the full package of health, wellbeing, education, business etc for the 98%+ of people, or not?

If you do then show me the equation.
If you don't then why are we doing it?

(11-16-2020, 01:07 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: In my opinion it's the tin foil hat virologist experts spreading bogus shite on social media that is part of the problem causing people to be too flippant with the 3 rule regime. I see the latest is advising people not to take a vaccination because you get implanted with a tracking chip ffs

Which is absolutely part of the problem. Nutjobs peddling their great reset, nano chipped, lizard people Gates nonsense. Would make the sane arguments against all this out of proportion, out of perspective nonsense be available for scrutiny rather than chucked under the bus with it. But that's what the govt wants.

Has there ever been a poorer opposition to govt when we really needed on. I mean I thought Corbyns opposition was appalling but Starmer and his recent nonsense is coming close
Its a new virus, ideally coming along at precisely the right time to allow for the implementation of the WEF agenda of the great reset. Ideal again for Big Pharma to make a massive killing in selling billions of vaccines which will of course end up being the first mandatory vaccine in Human History.
We are being manipulated and scare mongered into allowing our freedoms to be taken away for a virus that is survived by 99.95% of all that contact it. That is so debilitating that in most cases you have to have a test to tell if you have it or not. That affects only the elderly, who we blatantly failed to protect. A virus that attacks weakened immune systems and is killed by exposure to sunlight. Our response is to lock people up in their homes, out of the sun and fresh air and therefore further weaken their immune systems.
There is a Globalist Political agenda behind all of the hysterical, fear mongering and doom laden computer models. The same flawed models which show catastrophic climate change and where the basic facts say otherwise. It is all part of the same plan. This is how freedom dies.