Post match venting thread
(11-21-2020, 11:48 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 10:11 PM)Brandywell Wrote: Turned off after the penalty respect to the anyone who carried on watching.

Turned to my mate at half time and said didn't matter how well we played United will get a penalty

Proud to be be a baggie but think that's me e for the season

Until we beat Sheff U next week.  Wink

After battling so hard and deserving draws against both Utd and Spurs no doubt we will put in another Fulham type performance next week vs Sheff Utd. That's be so Albion.
I've just seen the Sky highlights, and I'm at the end of a bottle of red. I'll put my tin hat on, my comments are genuine.

Going on my views of penalties (perhaps not the law) I don't think ours was a penalty. Whether VAR should review as a "clear and obvious error" is a different question.

Their penalty - was it a penalty? I think so. Should play have been bought back for a foul on Gallagher? Yes. Was the re-take correct? Yes. Keeper movement will be spotted by VAR, and something our coaches need to work on. I think SJ saves this even if he is on the line. He had no chance with the retake. I don't know how Paul Cooper would have coped with these rules.

Have we been mis-treated? Probably. Did we expect it? Yes.
(11-22-2020, 01:24 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I've just seen the Sky highlights, and I'm at the end of a bottle of red. I'll put my tin hat on, my comments are genuine.

Going on my views of penalties (perhaps not the law) I don't think ours was a penalty. Whether VAR should review as a "clear and obvious error" is a different question.

Their penalty - was it a penalty? I think so. Should play have been bought back for a foul on Gallagher? Yes. Was the re-take correct? Yes. Keeper movement will be spotted by VAR, and something our coaches need to work on. I think SJ saves this even if he is on the line. He had no chance with the retake. I don't know how Paul Cooper would have coped with these rules.

Have we been mis-treated? Probably. Did we expect it? Yes.

Johnstone is off his line because of the stutter in the run up. No stutter and he stays on his line. The rule needs changing so penalty takers can't stutter.

And the handball certainly isn't clear cut, IFAB have given a lot of leeway to defenders in the new handball law when their arms aren't extended which Ajayi's wasn't. Given that and the fact that he's not looking at the ball I don't see how you can give it as handball. Plus play should have been brought back.
(11-22-2020, 12:09 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 10:11 PM)Brandywell Wrote: Turned off after the penalty respect to the anyone who carried on watching.

Turned to my mate at half time and said didn't matter how well we played United will get a penalty

After battling so hard and deserving draws against both Utd and Spurs no doubt we will put in another Fulham type performance next week vs Sheff Utd. That's be so Albion.

I don't think so, the underlying momentum is still on the up, thought we were better last night than against Spurs. 

Fulham is the only game where we were really poor (team selection/formation didn't help), we did have our moments against Saints and Ajayi had a couple of decent chances.
(11-22-2020, 11:19 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:09 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

I don't think so, the underlying momentum is still on the up, thought we were better last night than against Spurs. 

Fulham is the only game where we were really poor (team selection/formation didn't help), we did have our moments against Saints and Ajayi had a couple of decent chances.

We were given a lesson in football by Saints. They passed quickly to each other, we got the ball and gave it back to them to have another go.
Strangely I enjoyed the game last night, normally I would have turned off after the penalty shenanigans but I stuck with it and watched till the end. 
I think when you can see a plan and players giving their all that makes a massive difference whatever the result in the end. 
Having said that why can’t we keep the ball for a bit when we win it back, surely that can be done even 50% of the time?
Anyway well done to the players for running the multi millions worth of players very close, special mention to Gallagher.