Last time you were this angry after a game...
... based on unjust feeling not carp performance?
Feels like a long time ago
Proves I still care I suppose
At Villa park in the first leg playoff for me
Chelsea under Clarke which started the run to his sacking.
Strangely I don’t feel angry. It was a case of expecting we’ll lose, but glad we played well. I expected injustice and am numb by it.
I think the rage Slaven will feel will do some good.
(11-21-2020, 11:02 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Strangely I don’t feel angry. It was a case of expecting we’ll lose, but glad we played well. I expected injustice and am numb by it.

Sort of this.

Reminds me of Megson' s first season.

Didn't he write a letter to the referees to mask our inadequacies?

Perhaps parallels.
(11-21-2020, 11:23 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:02 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Strangely I don’t feel angry. It was a case of expecting we’ll lose, but glad we played well. I expected injustice and am numb by it.

Sort of this.

Perhaps parallels.

He did. And at Blackburn for the last away game of the season we dressed up as referees to mark some pretty shocking decisions that season.
An impartial view on the main talking points.

Albion penalty - The truth? I honestly wouldn't have wanted to call this one. I suspect I could have been watching replays all night and still not really be sure. I'd probably lean towards it not being a penalty, so I'd say the ref was ultimately right to not give it.

United penalty - It's a shit rule. A really shit rule. But as pathetic as the rule is, it's now a penalty.

Penalty re-take - Sorry, but irrespective of the shenanigans of the United player's run up, the keeper can't come off his line. So, as with the other two decisions, the ref's got it right.

If it had happened to Stoke, I'd be gutted and feeling like we'd been done. And you can always summise that if each incident had been reversed, the ref might not have been so keen to make sure his decisions were so spot on. But for me, all the decisions were right. 

Sorry!
(11-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: An impartial view on the main talking points.

Albion penalty - The truth? I honestly wouldn't have wanted to call this one. I suspect I could have been watching replays all night and still not really be sure. I'd probably lean towards it not being a penalty, so I'd say the ref was ultimately right to not give it.

United penalty - It's a shit rule. A really shit rule. But as pathetic as the rule is, it's now a penalty.

Penalty re-take - Sorry, but irrespective of the shenanigans of the United player's run up, the keeper can't come off his line. So, as with the other two decisions, the ref's got it right.

If it had happened to Stoke, I'd be gutted and feeling like we'd been done. And you can always summise that if each incident had been reversed, the ref might not have been so keen to make sure his decisions were so spot on. But for me, all the decisions were right. 

Sorry!

Albion pen. Clear as day a pen. Whacked him on the shin. Blatant pen.

Utd pen. Harsh but a pen. Handball by Furlong 

Retake - he was off his line so correct.

But Utd pen shouldn't have been given. Clear foul by Fred in the build up. As Peter Walton explained the rules on BT Sport the Utd should pen have been overturned for Fred's foul.
(11-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: An impartial view on the main talking points.

Sorry!

You're pushing that free pass now.
(11-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:23 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Sort of this.

Perhaps parallels.

He did. And at Blackburn for the last away game of the season we dressed up as referees to mark some pretty shocking decisions that season.

Urinal Rennie!  Big Grin