Last time you were this angry after a game...
(11-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: An impartial view on the main talking points.

Albion penalty - The truth? I honestly wouldn't have wanted to call this one. I suspect I could have been watching replays all night and still not really be sure. I'd probably lean towards it not being a penalty, so I'd say the ref was ultimately right to not give it.

United penalty - It's a shit rule. A really shit rule. But as pathetic as the rule is, it's now a penalty.

Penalty re-take - Sorry, but irrespective of the shenanigans of the United player's run up, the keeper can't come off his line. So, as with the other two decisions, the ref's got it right.

If it had happened to Stoke, I'd be gutted and feeling like we'd been done. And you can always summise that if each incident had been reversed, the ref might not have been so keen to make sure his decisions were so spot on. But for me, all the decisions were right. 

Sorry!

No Albion pen? Okay, what of the pullback by Maguire in the build up? No pen but a red card for Maguire.

Man U pen? Okay what about the foul on Gallagher in the build up to the United pen? Blatant. 

Both decisions were reviewed by BT, and both decisions were in the build up of both penalties.
(11-21-2020, 11:41 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:23 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:02 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Strangely I don’t feel angry. It was a case of expecting we’ll lose, but glad we played well. I expected injustice and am numb by it.
I think the rage Slaven will feel will do some good.

Sort of this.

Reminds me of Megson' s first season.

Didn't he write a letter to the referees to mask our inadequacies?

Perhaps parallels.

He did. And at Blackburn for the last away game of the season we dressed up as referees to mark some pretty shocking decisions that season.

Urinal Rennie!  Big Grin

There's only one Giraffe  Big Grin

(11-21-2020, 11:41 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:35 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: An impartial view on the main talking points.

Albion penalty - The truth? I honestly wouldn't have wanted to call this one. I suspect I could have been watching replays all night and still not really be sure. I'd probably lean towards it not being a penalty, so I'd say the ref was ultimately right to not give it.

United penalty - It's a shit rule. A really shit rule. But as pathetic as the rule is, it's now a penalty.

Penalty re-take - Sorry, but irrespective of the shenanigans of the United player's run up, the keeper can't come off his line. So, as with the other two decisions, the ref's got it right.

If it had happened to Stoke, I'd be gutted and feeling like we'd been done. And you can always summise that if each incident had been reversed, the ref might not have been so keen to make sure his decisions were so spot on. But for me, all the decisions were right. 

Sorry!

No Albion pen? Okay, what of the pullback by Maguire in the build up? No pen but a red card for Maguire.

Man U pen? Okay what about the foul on Gallagher in the build up to the United pen? Blatant. 

Both decisions were reviewed by BT, and both decisions were in the build up of both penalties.

Also, 2 Utd players had encroached into the box as Fernandes took his 2nd pen. Why wasnt that then asked to be retaken?

Sorry!

Fook me what a load of one eyed bollocks that all is.

Sorry!

This

The header by Bartley over the bar could have been a pen with HMS Maguire manhandling him.
All over the rest of the pitch theyd av been blowing up for a foul on Gallagher , regardless of the slight touch on the ball.
End of !
Penalty.

Sorry!

Thought I'd replied to this earlier, but it seems to have disappeared. 

I only saw the MotD highlights Dumbo, so didn't see the incidents leading up to the main points I referred to.
(11-22-2020, 12:22 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Sorry!

I only saw the MotD highlights Dumbo, so didn't see the incidents leading up to the main points I referred to.

What did the cnuts on MOTD says about the incidents?

Sorry but I can't bring myself to watch them get paid to mutually wank each other off on TV.
(11-22-2020, 01:14 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:22 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Sorry!

What did the cnuts on MOTD says about the incidents?

Sorry but I can't bring myself to watch them get paid to mutually wank each other off on TV.

On your pen, only Wrighty commented and he was non-commital, just waffled a bit, then they moved onto their penalty which Shearer basically said was a pen albeit he thought the rule was wrong. 

All they said about the retaken pen was that they had sympathy with the keeper because of the way the Utd player had farted around on the run up. They didn't actually say 'farted around' though.

That was about it. There was hardly any incisive analysis about any of it. So no change from normal really.

You were last on by the way. Made me feel all nostalgic.
Thanks DK Big Grin
Some of the Graham Poll games saw me apoplectic afterwards. This isn’t new. But the difference is it is just so much more blatant, and it doesn’t help that those fans on the other side generally just don’t see it (although, in fairness, I had 3 messages from Man Yoo supporters last night telling me we were robbed, and that they were utterly shite). Sadly none of the senders are called David Coonte, but there it is.

The Meggo season comparison is a good one. Last night’s post-mortem of ex-Reds did indeed remind me of ‘Megson’s Memories - the VHS edition’, when he complied that list of incidents for the then head of refereeing, only for it to make fuck all difference. The opportunity for officials to alter outcomes to fit the preferred script has never been higher, and no one seems to care anymore when it does happen (and in fact, I suspect that the EPL rather relish the talking point). All this will do (as it is doing) is amplify the difference in relative abilities between the sides, when it should be doing the opposite. But as we all know, this isn’t about fairness.

Some of our own can’t see it. There’s plenty on here taking the counterpoint because they can. Their penalty should never have happened. Ours was a penalty and in the Chump, it’s given. But this robotic, digital, whorishly sponsored game is no longer aimed at us, it’s aimed a global betting audience, and paid for by those who want a maximum ROI. What does it matter what we think!

What no one is saying is we still had to score it. But had we missed, David de Gea could have saved it with his cock out on the six yard line (baseball style) and there would have been no retake.