Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savilla FC Value
Indeed DK.
(03-13-2018, 09:36 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: It's interesting how that pragmatic, counter attacking football based on hitting hard a few times a match, at Mourinho did for so long, and at the lower end, Pulis did for so long has suddenly just stopped working all around. We're heading back to possession football and patience being more important again.

Is this a reference to Blackburn doing so well?
(03-13-2018, 09:36 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: It's interesting how that pragmatic, counter attacking football based on hitting hard a few times a match, at Mourinho did for so long, and at the lower end, Pulis did for so long has suddenly just stopped working all around. We're heading back to possession football and patience being more important again.

I think there's a balance to be struck. Possession with no attacking intent can be just as tedious to watch.

I think it was Shankley's Liverpool about whom it was said that they'd outpass you with short passes, and if that didn't work, they'd outpass you with long passes.
(03-13-2018, 09:43 PM)ElbowGrease73 Wrote:

I think there's a balance to be struck. Possession with no attacking intent can be just as tedious to watch.

I think it was Shankley's Liverpool about whom it was said that they'd outpass you with short passes, and if that didn't work, they'd outpass you with long passes.

Oh definitely, just overall there is always a dominate style I find, and right now we seem to have gone back to a sort of possession friendly style. Counter attacking teams are finding it hard to score often enough.
(03-13-2018, 09:44 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Oh definitely, just overall there is always a dominate style I find, and right now we seem to have gone back to a sort of possession friendly style. Counter attacking teams are finding it hard to score often enough.
True - It's ultimately whoever is winning trophies, as it's their style that will be lauded. Jose has perhaps had his time and trophies, and currently it can be attibuted to the Pep Effect.
16 points behind City and not even making the quarters of the CL has to be seen as a failure considering the money he’s spent in the last two years. City being brilliant cannot be mitigated for, but United haven’t even challenged them.
Man City & Spurs play a very similar style they advance as a unit, you have to not only watch the man with the ball to see it.
It takes a lot of discipline to play that way, but once its well drilled its effective.
Currently it is varied. Chelsea won the league playing fast direct football. Almost in the Sven for England style of "first pass forward"
It's always varied, but just a general trend I've noticed, a couple of years ago and for a while Barca aside before then counter attacking won more trophies. Now it's possession and the press as a team off the ball with very flexible shape.