Tier 3 for Brum and Wolvo
(11-26-2020, 12:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Dirty little spreaders. Those of us in Worcestershire have more privileges  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'm going down there for a beer next Saturday.
(11-26-2020, 12:42 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Stay away from the Clent Hills you filthy Brummies.

Hagley here we come
(11-26-2020, 01:59 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:53 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:51 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:06 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: So Dudley moved into tier 2 five days before national lockdown but will now leave national lockdown in tier 3.

If I understand this correctly whilst under the national restrictions the situation has got worse and now the Govt are going to ease back on those restrictions and reopen shops and resume amateur sports etc. Then 3 weeks later they will allow people to get together for Christmas. What could possibly go wrong?

There is a lag, the damage was done in Dudley prior to this lockdown. Partly due to being the only borough in the lower tier of restrictions so we had lots of infected visitors and a general sense of complacency among residents as they thought they'd escaped the worst of it. Even as a resident, Dudley is quite rightly in the highest tier. It makes no sense to split up the Black Country boroughs and Birmingham again.

Yes, for a good few weeks it made no sense to us that Dudley had escaped the restrictions imposed on other boroughs with whom it shared boundaries.

Don't know about yourself but from a personal perspective I felt as though we'd avoided the worst of it until about a month ago, it was only then was I hearing from friends and neighbours that they'd got it. 

You'd not think we were 5th worst in the country if you'd have seen Mary Stevens Park last weekend.

A sea of Hunter wellies and gilets...
(11-26-2020, 02:42 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:51 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:06 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: So Dudley moved into tier 2 five days before national lockdown but will now leave national lockdown in tier 3.

If I understand this correctly whilst under the national restrictions the situation has got worse and now the Govt are going to ease back on those restrictions and reopen shops and resume amateur sports etc. Then 3 weeks later they will allow people to get together for Christmas. What could possibly go wrong?

There is a lag, the damage was done in Dudley prior to this lockdown. Partly due to being the only borough in the lower tier of restrictions so we had lots of infected visitors and a general sense of complacency among residents as they thought they'd escaped the worst of it. Even as a resident, Dudley is quite rightly in the highest tier. It makes no sense to split up the Black Country boroughs and Birmingham again.

Yes, for a good few weeks it made no sense to us that Dudley had escaped the restrictions imposed on other boroughs with whom it shared boundaries.

Don't know about yourself but from a personal perspective I felt as though we'd avoided the worst of it until about a month ago, it was only then was I hearing from friends and neighbours that they'd got it. 

You'd not think we were 5th worst in the country if you'd have seen Mary Stevens Park last weekend.

Better than Sandwell Valley which was a sea of lads on bikes, large groups of folks taking up the whole path (who must live in mansions to be able to all live in one house) and annoying giggly teen instagrammers stopping to take selfies every 50yds
(11-26-2020, 02:57 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 02:42 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:51 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: There is a lag, the damage was done in Dudley prior to this lockdown. Partly due to being the only borough in the lower tier of restrictions so we had lots of infected visitors and a general sense of complacency among residents as they thought they'd escaped the worst of it. Even as a resident, Dudley is quite rightly in the highest tier. It makes no sense to split up the Black Country boroughs and Birmingham again.

Better than Sandwell Valley which was a sea of lads on bikes, large groups of folks taking up the whole path (who must live in mansions to be able to all live in one house) and annoying giggly teen instagrammers stopping to take selfies every 50yds

People are simply selfish.

It's more of an epidemic than Covid.
(11-26-2020, 02:23 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 12:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Dirty little spreaders. Those of us in Worcestershire have more privileges  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'm going down there for a beer next Saturday.

We will be able to smell you a mile off  Big Grin Big Grin
(11-26-2020, 11:56 AM)SussexBaggie Wrote: so is gov.uk generally - HMRC sites crashed too....  great planning, all eggs in one website; resilience

This isn’t true, the apps are distributed across various cloud regions and are mainly located in Amazon and Microsoft (aws & azure) services.
(11-26-2020, 12:12 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 12:10 PM)lesley Wrote: As expected, so no live footy for us.
Still find it extremely unfair that some clubs will benefit from supporters inside the grounds whilst others will still be playing behind closed doors. For this to happen within the same division surely it gives some clubs an unfair advantage? In my opinion it should be the same rules for all clubs within the same league.

I hear what you are saying. but 2K at say, Tottenham?? It will still feel like a morgue.

2K allowed in at Tottenham. 2K allowed in at Wycombe Wanderers. This has been well thought out.
Photo 
(11-26-2020, 02:25 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 12:42 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Stay away from the Clent Hills you filthy Brummies.

Hagley here we come

[Image: 127264462_3458012314290218_1873606514842...e=5FE70CCC]
I would have made a fortune during the first lockdown all you lot coming into Bewdley having a jolly , we should have been tier 1