Millwall fans
(12-05-2020, 10:00 PM)Loanee Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 07:42 PM)The liquidator Wrote: The kick it out campaign need to take this on..... Football and politics simply do not mix..... I

But James McLean should wear a poppy?
Good point!
Playing the national anthem before a match between 2 nation states?
Afraid it's impossible to demarcate.
I notice Millwall FC optimistically made an announcement pre match to the effect that they support the knee, as an anti discrimination, but not a political statement.
I think they were probably expecting something like this.
These were actually the best 2,000 Millwall fans they could find too.
(12-05-2020, 10:05 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 07:42 PM)The liquidator Wrote: The kick it out campaign need to take this on..... Football and politics simply do not mix..... I

Good point!
I notice Millwall FC optimistically made an announcement pre match to the effect that they support the knee, as an anti discrimination, but not a political statement.

Rowett has said the same.

I thought about McLean, but wasn't brave enough to bring it up.

The one thing that unites us is sport. One of the many things that divide us is politics. We are all individuals with sometimes diverse views.

This is why politics and sports do not mix. I don't remember Boris Johnson offering advice to Professional footballers about how to improve their game, and similarly footballers should not be involved in politics.

Kick Racism out of football may lack some teeth, but it does what it says on the tin. I don't see too many arguing against it. BLM is a completely different can of worms.
(12-05-2020, 10:25 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 10:20 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Good point!

The one thing that unites us is sport. One of the many things that divide us is politics. We are all individuals with sometimes diverse views.

This is why politics and sports do not mix. I don't remember Boris Johnson offering advice to Professional footballers about how to improve their game, and similarly footballers should not be involved in politics.

Kick Racism out of football may lack some teeth, but it does what it says on the tin. I don't see too many arguing against it. BLM is a completely different can of worms.

Tell that to Marcus Rashford.

I don't think too many people were arguing with Rashford over giving kids free school meals. That goes across the political spectrum. BLM divides left and right wing.
(12-05-2020, 10:28 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 10:00 PM)Loanee Wrote: But James McLean should wear a poppy?
Good point!

I don't think too many people were arguing with Rashford over giving kids free school meals. That goes across the political spectrum. BLM divides left and right wing.

It’s still a footballer getting involved in politics though.
(12-05-2020, 05:31 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Is anyone really surprised?

Nope.

And this is only a sliver of their fans. 

Awful people.
(12-05-2020, 10:30 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 10:28 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 10:05 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Good point!

It’s still a footballer getting involved in politics though.
He didn't know what he was getting involved in.

He certainly wasn't organising illegal marches, breaking the law and chucking statues in the dock.
(12-05-2020, 10:18 PM)Duffers Wrote: These were actually the best 2,000 Millwall fans they could find too.

Arf!
They should change the title from BLM to something like Kick Racism Out to cut out all the controversy. BLM is largely seen as a leftist movement in USA and nothing to do with racism. UK is just slow catching up.
(12-05-2020, 11:22 PM)Olympic Wrote: They should change the title from BLM to something like Kick Racism Out to cut out all the controversy. BLM is largely seen as a leftist movement in USA and nothing to do with racism. UK is just slow catching up.
Totally agree.