Premier League standard - players
(12-06-2020, 02:25 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:22 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:17 PM)ericlegrisly Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:14 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:12 PM)ericlegrisly Wrote: How many do we own?

There's an argument that it is zero; Johnstone's done well, Ajayi has adapted better than I thought, but after that I'm struggling. I was wrong about Diangana and Pereira (bar occasional flashes) are short of the quality and everybody else, well Gibbs maybe, but he can't get in the team most games. Ivanovic I guess.

Little wonder then, that we are fucked.

As written on another thread these players are not as bad as most fans make out.

Can't agree with you mate.  There's a reason we have won 1 game in the last 16 (or whatever it is) and the reason is that the players aren't very good.  At all.

Can you see them getting in to other teams in the top division?

No worries its only my opinion but I think we have enough to stay up, I don't think the PL is as high a standard as say 2002
If we have ‘enough to stay up’ could you tell me which three teams we are better than ?

We were better than Palace today for half hour, didn't we do OK against Utd, Spurs, Chelsea etc.....we've been VAR'd loads. At the moment if we are looking at the league table we better than Sheff Utd, only two more teams to drag into the equation with a couple of wins!
Robinson, Gallagher, Johnstone and Ajayi don’t look out of place at this level.

Diangana, Pereira and based on previous viewing Grant have the potential to play at this level.

Bartley, Krov, Sawyers, Livermore, Furlong, Townsend, Ivanovic have the ability to patch up a PL side for a couple games, or hold their own in a decent side, but not when there’s 6-7 of them starting every week.
(12-06-2020, 02:18 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Johnstone and Robinson

Ends.

Diangana, Pereira could be, but this season isn't going to help them develop into it, and time is running out for Pereira, he isn't a kid anymore.

This.

I have reservations on Diangana. Pereira could be a lower end Prem player but hes certainly not the Messiah that some make him out to be. And he is a very naughty boy!

The paltry handful of points that we have gained is mainly down to Johnstone who has been superb this season so far.
(12-06-2020, 02:15 PM)Olympic Wrote: Zero. I think this is the worst squad of players that's ever been in Premier League. Taht defence is bottom of the Championship standard. Main reason I try not to be overly critical on the players and the manager.
I’ve read some nonsense on here but that probably tops anything else. We have a squad that will struggle to compete at the moment but there have been far worse teams in the top flight. We’re not even bottom of the table ffs.
Southampton after 10 games last season conceded 25 goals and had only scored 9.

Thumped 9-0 by Leicester.

Bored kept faith.

Truly believe we will be ok once our players acclimatise more to PL
(12-06-2020, 11:34 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Southampton after 10 games last season conceded 25 goals and had only scored 9.

Thumped 9-0 by Leicester.

Bored kept faith.

Truly believe we will be ok once our players acclimatise more to PL

They had the likes of Ings and Ward-prowse - we have Grant and Phillips.

They had the potential whereas we simply don't.
(12-06-2020, 11:33 PM)Man from delmonte Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:15 PM)Olympic Wrote: Zero. I think this is the worst squad of players that's ever been in Premier League. Taht defence is bottom of the Championship standard. Main reason I try not to be overly critical on the players and the manager.
I’ve read some nonsense on here but that probably tops anything else. We have a squad that will struggle to compete at the moment but there have been far worse teams in the top flight. We’re not even bottom of the table ffs.

You haven't seen worse becuse we have the worst underlying stats of any team so far. Lowest xG for 7.4 and highest xG 21.6 after 11 games. Just wait for the rest of the season to kick in if we don't bring anyone in. There is a reason we are huge favourites to finish bottom.

Don't be fucking stupid.
(12-07-2020, 12:43 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

Don't be fucking stupid.

Have we been infiltrated ?
On a serious note can someone help?
Why over the last 3 seasons have our best stand out players been loans - Barnes - Gayle - Diangana - Pereira and now Connors ?
(12-07-2020, 08:09 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 12:43 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

Don't be fucking stupid.

Have we been infiltrated ?
On a serious note can someone help?
Why over the last 3 seasons have our best stand out players been loans - Barnes - Gayle - Diangana - Pereira and now Connors ?

Jimmy?

Great player.