Can some of our fans be more reasonable please
4 wins in 20 three of those were on the chump....
I am normally right behind any manager until like Pulis we cannot get results. I know the style of play is miles better, but what is it about 5 to six wins in the league in 2020. Now I know this has been a shit year in all forms, but we cannot keep backing Bilic when we cannot get wins, I know VAR is against us but do we need fresh eyes. Fans say Bilic had a 2 year target for promotion well yes but we virtually got that promotion up to Xmas last year because we have hardly won a match in 2020. For me if the Directors are not 100% behind him he has to go. You can say there is no managers out there well there are plenty out there with a better win ratio in the last 12 months. Me I would Bring in Paul Cook to steady the ship he cannot do any worse. We will all have opinions on this but for me we need a change because when we have our backs to the wall the players seem to drop there heads to quickly. Stay up or go down we will still need a manager who can get our unit to defend as well as attack and for me we need Kipre amongst our back four.
(12-06-2020, 03:14 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Some of the posts after today are so knee jerk and unreasonable without any context about where we are as a club. 
We always knew this season was going to be tough and we would be amongst the relegation favourites, so any survival will be a big triumph. 
We are still in touching distance of safety and before the second half today we had been unfortunate v two of the richest clubs and also just won v Sheff U, where we got some overdue luck.
Today we were in a good position for at least a draw until Pereira’s sending off. Now, you can be a stickler for rules etc, but anyone who can’t see that is a hugely harsh red card is not worth conversing with. I heard Maguire at United did worse yesterday and was still on the pitch. 
At half time I said to my lad we’re going to lose now and it’s damage limitation. Even before the second I walked out and chose to put the Christmas lights up outside instead. 
I’m not letting 45 minutes where we are outnumbered by another team muddy my thinking like some have.
Bilic got us up, a great achievement,  has made us competitive of late and we really are not getting too much good fortune at all of late. 
There’s plenty of games to go where we have 11 v 11. 
I’m hopeful still, but do feel despair more about the state of the game due to VAR and ridiculous rules.
VAR has created more issues than it’s solved. 
Anyway folks keep the faith.

With you Spandau. 

Saints 0-9 Leicester.
Not sure 1 win in 15 is knee jerk.
(12-06-2020, 07:09 PM)wba13 Wrote: I am normally right behind any manager until like Pulis we cannot get results. I know the style of play is miles better, but what is it about 5 to six wins in the league in 2020. Now I know this has been a shit year in all forms, but we cannot keep backing Bilic when we cannot get wins, I know VAR is against us but do we need fresh eyes. Fans say Bilic had a 2 year target for promotion well yes but we virtually got that promotion up to Xmas last year because we have hardly won a match in 2020. For me if the Directors are not 100% behind him he has to go. You can say there is no managers out there well there are plenty out there with a better win ratio in the last 12 months. Me I would Bring in Paul Cook to steady the ship he cannot do any worse. We will all have opinions on this but for me we need a change because when we have our backs to the wall the players seem to drop there heads to quickly. Stay up or go down we will still need a manager who can get our unit to defend as well as attack and for me we need Kipre amongst our back four.

I agree. He's not getting the best out of the players. His time is up.
(12-06-2020, 06:52 PM)The liquidator Wrote: 4 wins in 20 three of those were on the chump....

8 goals in 11 matches. Five of those were in two games.

23 conceeded!
(12-06-2020, 06:46 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:Some of the posts after today are so knee jerk and unreasonable without any context about where we are as a club. 
We always knew this season was going to be tough and we would be amongst the relegation favourites, so any survival will be a big triumph. 
We are still in touching distance of safety and before the second half today we had been unfortunate v two of the richest clubs and also just won v Sheff U, where we got some overdue luck.
Today we were in a good position for at least a draw until Pereira’s sending off. Now, you can be a stickler for rules etc, but anyone who can’t see that is a hugely harsh red card is not worth conversing with. I heard Maguire at United did worse yesterday and was still on the pitch. 
At half time I said to my lad we’re going to lose now and it’s damage limitation. Even before the second I walked out and chose to put the Christmas lights up outside instead. 
I’m not letting 45 minutes where we are outnumbered by another team muddy my thinking like some have.
Bilic got us up, a great achievement,  has made us competitive of late and we really are not getting too much good fortune at all of late. 
I’m hopeful still, but do feel despair more about the state of the game due to VAR and ridiculous rules.
Excellent post, Spandau. Agree with almost every word. (Went out to put the Christmas lights up FFS). Smile

I gave up on the HT whistle and went Christmas shopping and as luck would have it, I forgot to take my phone as so was unable to keep up with the misery.  The shops weren’t that busy and apparently Friday and Saturday had been very busy and so I owe a gratitude of thanks to Albion for persuading me to go shopping yesterday.
I was out shopping during the first half, had a look and saw it was 1-1, thought oh I'll watch the second half, then saw Pereira had been sent off, and decided not to waste my time or mental health on it, as it was pretty obvious we would lose (the margin of it was shocking mind you).
(12-07-2020, 08:03 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 06:46 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:Some of the posts after today are so knee jerk and unreasonable without any context about where we are as a club. 
Excellent post, Spandau. Agree with almost every word. (Went out to put the Christmas lights up FFS). Smile

I gave up on the HT whistle and went Christmas shopping and as luck would have it, I forgot to take my phone as so was unable to keep up with the misery.  The shops weren’t that busy and apparently Friday and Saturday had been very busy and so I owe a gratitude of thanks to Albion for persuading me to go shopping yesterday.

You gave up with the score 1-1 and us being slightly the better team? 

Okay.
I didn’t watch any of the game (was driving back from a weekend in Gloucestershire) so cannot make any judgement on how we played before or after the sending off.

However I can point to our return of one win and three draws from eleven matches this season as proof that we are not good enough. I don’t even think it’s anyone’s fault.