VAR
Is not corrupt, the use of it undoubtedly is, how can a player falling over from a foul be referred to the ref to look at the monitor which results in a subsequent red card, despite how many times I have looked at it, it was never a red, yet a blatant penalty is not even referred to the monitor, in the same vein a challenge in the Man Utd game is scrutinised for ages to deny us a pen but today isn't worth a look, it's becoming obvious that decisions are being made regardless of evidence.
The thing that struck me with VAR and today's game was if they wanted to set a precedent about reactions to challenges, then that's fine. But they have to apply the same approach to all reactions.

Pereira was done because of a petulant reaction to a challenge....result is he gets a red

Zaha, who gets tackled cleanly by Furlong then petulantly lashes out at the next tackle...result is he gets a talking to by the ref

I also lost count of Palace tackles where they went in over the ball = intent to injure = red card...how many cards were given?

Clearly unfair.

Also the penalty that never was on Gallagher......the ref instantly dismisses the contact in spectacular fashion....so if VAR reviews the decision and deems a penalty it makes the ref look like a twunt...hence VAR taking only a few seconds to back the ref up...this is despite VAR showing contact and the Palace defender's arm pushing Gallagher in the back.

They have been given for much less
(12-06-2020, 04:54 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Is not corrupt, the use of it undoubtedly is, how can a player falling over from a foul be referred to the ref to look at the monitor which results in a subsequent red card, despite how many times I have looked at it, it was never a red, yet a blatant penalty is not even referred to the monitor, in the same vein a challenge in the Man Utd game is scrutinised for ages to deny us a pen but today isn't worth a look, it's becoming obvious that decisions are being made regardless of evidence.

Totally agree Cornish. At the start, I thought it was just a case of a ref who is rubbish on the pitch, ( like David Coote ), would also be rubbish looking at a T.V monitor. Now I am convinced more than ever that the entire system is rigged in favour of, or, against certain clubs. Man Utd apparently have been awarded 34 penalties in just over 12 months, we had no chance of getting anything against them, they miss a pen, oh, it has to be re taken. Mrs Ministry supports Wolves, and reckons that to win 1 - 0 at Anfield tonight, they will need to put the ball in the net 3 times.
(12-06-2020, 05:07 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: The thing that struck me with VAR and today's game was if they wanted to set a precedent about reactions to challenges, then that's fine.  But they have to apply the same approach to all reactions.

Pereira was done because of a petulant reaction to a challenge....result is he gets a red

Zaha, who gets tackled cleanly by Furlong then petulantly lashes out at the next tackle...result is he gets a talking to by the ref

I also lost count of Palace tackles where they went in over the ball = intent to injure = red card...how many cards were given?

Clearly unfair.

Also the penalty that never was on Gallagher......the ref instantly dismisses the contact in spectacular fashion....so if VAR reviews the decision and deems a penalty it makes the ref look like a twunt...hence VAR taking only a few seconds to back the ref up...this is despite VAR showing contact and the Palace defender's arm pushing Gallagher in the back.

Totally agree with all of this.

At present it just feels so unjust. We now have a team of officials wiling to give us the wrong decision, not just 3. I'm completely fed up of football at the moment, and I've never felt that way, even in our darkest days.
[Image: 129840928_3264824923744360_8847964860172...e=5FF1434F]

[Image: 129546282_3264824940411025_7699142000711...e=5FF294B0]
(12-06-2020, 05:07 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: The thing that struck me with VAR and today's game was if they wanted to set a precedent about reactions to challenges, then that's fine.  But they have to apply the same approach to all reactions.

Clearly unfair.

I didn’t think it was a pen in real time I must admit but having seen a replay it’s again one of those where anywhere else in the pitch it’s a foul.
(12-06-2020, 05:19 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:

Clearly unfair.

Totally agree with all of this.

At present it just feels so unjust. We now have a team of officials wiling to give us the wrong decision, not just 3. I'm completely fed up of football at the moment, and I've never felt that way, even in our darkest days.
Nothing ever gets done to sanction these refs though. Real howlers, like Graham Poll booking the same player twice, but not sending him off, might mean he gets demoted to the Championship for a week, but usually nothing, they will be back reffing, or being 4th official the next weekend. If Slav complained, he will get fined or whatever.
(12-06-2020, 05:21 PM)Fido Wrote:

Clearly unfair.

I didn’t think it was a pen in real time I must admit but having seen a replay it’s again one of those where anywhere else in the pitch it’s a foul.

I still thought it was more of a penalty, than the Pereira incident was a red card, in real time & lots of slow mo replays.
Psalm23 Wrote:
Fido Wrote:
Banbury Baggie Wrote:The thing that struck me with VAR and today's game was if they wanted to set a precedent about reactions to challenges, then that's fine.  But they have to apply the same approach to all reactions.

Clearly unfair.

I still thought it was more of a penalty, than the Pereira incident was a red card, in real time & lots of slow mo replays.
...is the plain and simple truth.
Cornish, your first 3 words hit the nail on the head - VAR is not corrupt but the officials are. Today’s game was not errors made by individual officials it was corrupt officials. All VAR has gone on to do is prove that