Woy
Not the best manager in my lifetime, but very good.

Think Giles the first time and Atkinson(much as it pains me to say it) were better. Also Megson was probably better too.
(12-07-2020, 12:44 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Not the best manager in my lifetime, but very good.

Think Giles the first time and Atkinson(much as it pains me to say it) were better. Also Megson was probably better too.

Megson was great in the Chump.

i only saw Atkinson second time around, which was looking good...

Can't forget old Ossie though, now that was entertaining times!
Roy both at the Albion and his career in general has shown himself to be a very good manager with limitations, certainly a good fit for us and he's doing similar with Palace that he did with both us and Fulham.

He did spout utter bollocks though yesterday in his post match interview about the state of the game up to half time. We were certainly on top prior to and immediately after equalising to state anything else is just rubbish. He was prone to that was Uncle Roy.

Most managers\head coaches do that, Bilic is probably one of the better ones for seeing a game for how it is, his views tend to reflect the game more than most, although I disagree with his assessment on Pereira. A very defeatist attitude when he should be beating the drum about the injustice of it and raising the option to appeal. Use all of the decisions against us a rallying cry and try and create a siege mentality to get the players fired up.
(12-07-2020, 01:29 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: Roy both at the Albion and his career in general has shown himself to be a very good manager with limitations, certainly a good fit for us and he's doing similar with Palace that he did with both us and Fulham.

He did spout utter bollocks though yesterday in his post match interview about the state of the game up to half time. We were certainly on top prior to and immediately after equalising to state anything else is just rubbish. He was prone to that was Uncle Roy.

Most managers\head coaches do that, Bilic is probably one of the better ones for seeing a game for how it is, his views tend to reflect the game more than most, although I disagree with his assessment on Pereira. A very defeatist attitude when he should be beating the drum about the injustice of it and raising the option to appeal. Use all of the decisions against us a rallying cry and try and create a siege mentality to get the players fired up.

Not watched it, didn't hear / read what Woy said, however at half time FotMob gave a brief overview that said if Woy's side couldn't find a winner then they would feel hard done by, so that was definitely suggesting they were on top.
(12-07-2020, 01:31 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 01:29 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: Roy both at the Albion and his career in general has shown himself to be a very good manager with limitations, certainly a good fit for us and he's doing similar with Palace that he did with both us and Fulham.

He did spout utter bollocks though yesterday in his post match interview about the state of the game up to half time.  We were certainly on top prior to and immediately after equalising to state anything else is just rubbish.  He was prone to that was Uncle Roy.

Most managers\head coaches do that, Bilic is probably one of the better ones for seeing a game for how it is, his views tend to reflect the game more than most, although I disagree with his assessment on Pereira.  A very defeatist attitude when he should be beating the drum about the injustice of it and raising the option to appeal.  Use all of the decisions against us a rallying cry and try and create a siege mentality to get the players fired up.

Not watched it, didn't hear / read what Woy said, however at half time FotMob gave a brief overview that said if Woy's side couldn't find a winner then they would feel hard done by, so that was definitely suggesting they were on top.

Well that’s a load of bollox. We were the better team first half. Even after the red.
(12-07-2020, 01:42 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 01:31 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 01:29 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: Roy both at the Albion and his career in general has shown himself to be a very good manager with limitations, certainly a good fit for us and he's doing similar with Palace that he did with both us and Fulham.

He did spout utter bollocks though yesterday in his post match interview about the state of the game up to half time.  We were certainly on top prior to and immediately after equalising to state anything else is just rubbish.  He was prone to that was Uncle Roy.

Most managers\head coaches do that, Bilic is probably one of the better ones for seeing a game for how it is, his views tend to reflect the game more than most, although I disagree with his assessment on Pereira.  A very defeatist attitude when he should be beating the drum about the injustice of it and raising the option to appeal.  Use all of the decisions against us a rallying cry and try and create a siege mentality to get the players fired up.

Well that’s a load of bollox. We were the better team first half. Even after the red.

Gone down in my estimation by saying Perreira was definitely a red card. Funny, Mark Halsey, Ian Wright Jermaine Jenas all say no as do most other pundits