I’m Bilic out
(12-06-2020, 08:20 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: Genuinely like the guy but his time is up. Maybe people won’t agree but it’s the view I hold. 

1) Results since February and also 1 win in 15. 
2) His lack of ability to remain calm towards the end of last season - silly decisions 
3) Lack of organisation in defence and midfield 
4) Lack of discipline from players to hold their positions and own their responsibilities at set pieces.
5) Inability to set up a team that is hard to beat by not having (3) and (4) in place
6) inability to set up a team when we go down to 10 men

Yes some, inc me will say he’s been let down by the board and Dowling.. yes and no! 

Cried out for...

Krov - never starts him 
Grady - he’s been a really big disappointment (however in Slavs defence he didn’t want to pay the large sum we did - I have that on good authority) 

Continues to persist with...

Bartley 
Sawyers 

So there we have it. That’s my view. I’m sad as I wanted him to work out. 

Who’s next? Who knows....

Pearson? 

Realistically I suspect we’d see a list that included:

Appleton 
John Terry 

This scares me!
All of this is fair and I have been saying much of it since the turn of the year, however I would only replace if Big Sam is interested. Like Roy, he could coach the existing squad and get them organised and drilled.

I certainly wouldn’t want another Pardew and would be happier keeping Bilic then giving Appy (or another longer term appointment) a few games once relegation is confirmed.
(12-06-2020, 10:20 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 08:20 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: Genuinely like the guy but his time is up. Maybe people won’t agree but it’s the view I hold. 

2) His lack of ability to remain calm towards the end of last season - silly decisions 
4) Lack of discipline from players to hold their positions and own their responsibilities at set pieces.
5) Inability to set up a team that is hard to beat by not having (3) and (4) in place

Yes some, inc me will say he’s been let down by the board and Dowling.. yes and no! 

Cried out for...

Krov - never starts him 
Grady - he’s been a really big disappointment (however in Slavs defence he didn’t want to pay the large sum we did - I have that on good authority) 

Bartley 
Sawyers 

Pearson? 

Appleton 
John Terry 

This scares me!
All of this is fair and I have been saying much of it since the turn of the year, however I would only replace if Big Sam is interested. Like Roy, he could coach the existing squad and get them organised and drilled.

I certainly wouldn’t want another Pardew and would be happier keeping Bilic then giving Appy (or another longer term appointment) a few games once relegation is confirmed.

Fat Sam has a multitude of heart problems, not sure he’ll ever return to the dugout Clem
(12-06-2020, 10:21 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Cried out for...

Krov - never starts him 

Bartley 
Sawyers 

Pearson? 

Appleton 
John Terry 

This scares me!

Fat Sam has a multitude of heart problems, not sure he’ll ever return to the dugout Clem

He said on Quest last night that he is missing it and wants to get back into management at the right club
(12-06-2020, 10:26 PM)mickeypearce Wrote:

Cried out for...

Krov - never starts him 

Bartley 
Sawyers 

Pearson? 

Appleton 
John Terry 

This scares me!

He said on Quest last night that he is missing it and wants to get back into management at the right club

Fair enough - but last couple years he’s been far more cagey.

Not sure a club with no money and no battlers in the team stuck in the relegation mire will be top of his “right club” list.

Surprised he hasn’t taken a pay day out in the Arabian sun tbf.
(12-06-2020, 10:29 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Cried out for...

Krov - never starts him 

Bartley 
Sawyers 

Pearson? 

Appleton 
John Terry 

This scares me!

Not sure a club with no money and no battlers in the team stuck in the relegation mire will be top of his “right club” list.

‘We’ talked 2012.  Said he wouldn’t ever consider WBA.  8 years a long time in footy though????
Whoever was to take over would be on a hiding to nothing. If we are doomed this lot won't spend a penny in January. Slav has his faults, many of which I could see at West Ham and wasn't exactly thrilled when we got him, but he simply has not been backed. I think we are in danger of choosing whether we want to be this years Norwich, or this years Watford.
As for John Terry, kill me now.
(12-06-2020, 10:33 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 10:20 PM)clem4england Wrote: All of this is fair and I have been saying much of it since the turn of the year, however I would only replace if Big Sam is interested. Like Roy, he could coach the existing squad and get them organised and drilled.

‘We’ talked 2012.  Said he wouldn’t ever consider WBA.  8 years a long time in footy though????

His Wolves connection, or still bitter from last time round?

Not sure he and Peace would have worked well in 2012...
(12-06-2020, 10:45 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 10:33 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 10:21 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Fat Sam has a multitude of heart problems, not sure he’ll ever return to the dugout Clem

His Wolves connection, or still bitter from last time round?

Not sure he and Peace would have worked well in 2012...

We as in TD and Big Sam.  I don’t know the details of the no

Cried out for...

Krov - never starts him 

Bartley 
Sawyers 

Pearson? 

Appleton 
John Terry 

This scares me!

ITK Ron?

When you set things out like that it looks bad.  There's a counter argument to virtually every statement though not that I can be bothered at this hour. 

Fact is, we're pretty much the same side as last season with the addition of some experience in Ivan, a prolific Championship striker and a Chelsea prodigy.   Spam must be pissing themselves over Grady but he'll come good.  We're desperately lacking in Prem nouse and experience and those players we have who have it are past their best - Livermore, Gibbs, Phillips, Austin, Robson-Kanu (Hegazi sold).  It really would be a fantastic achievement for anyone to keep this lot up. 

Sooner or later a decision will be made on Bilic or not (lol).  Our next 3 games (without Pereira)  are Toon, Citeh, seals, but could be (if Toon is postponed) City, Seals and Poo.  Barring a miracle,  we will probably get battered at City and Poo.  If we beat Toon and the Seals (ha ha) that would give us 12 points by Xmas and we'll still be well in touch, but say 4 defeats or maybe 1 draw and 3 defeats then I think he's gone.  

However, it really wouldn't surprise me (given the speculation about selling the club and our recent history of sacking managers) if it was announced tomorrow that Bilic had been sacked, it's the crazy kind of thing we'd do backed by a '1 win in the last 15' statement.

I personally think he deserves more time.  There have only really been two poor performances this season from 11,  when we didn't turn up - Fulham and Saints.  The rest you can make some kind of argument and excuses for. 

If he does go, I'll throw a name in the ring from extremely left field.  Enzo Maresca, currently at Man City and former coach at West Ham where he was highly rated and respected.  Clearly, lack of experience could be an issue!   Maresca, Brunteh and Mozza with Koumas running the bar.  Dream team. 

Keep the faith.