MOTD2
(12-07-2020, 01:21 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 01:15 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 12:08 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 07:53 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 11:41 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Well we're up to about a dozen pundits so far and not one has said it should have been a sending off.  Just saying.

But they all must have blue & white specss on, obviously.   Rolleyes

Hardly anybody on here has said it was a definite sending off, in fact I can't find one.
What has been challenged is the fact that Pereira even kicked out no matter how half heartedly and whatever the intent was, that gave the Ref/VAR the opportunity to send him off. It was rank stupidity.
Anybody that didn't see that was indeed wearing Blue and White Specs.

My first reaction when I saw it was  Dodgy  if this goes to VAR it'll be a red.  Shouldn't have been but we seem to be being made an example of (Slav's outburst at Everton - closing ranks?).

You mean crossing the pitch to go the tunnel on the other side of the pitch and speaking with the referee as he did so?  Outburst makes it sound so dramatic.

Did you see Moyes on the pitch "discussing" with the referee post game on Saturday?  I'm 100% confident that the consistency will be applied that we're all looking for and he will be fined and warned about his future conduct.

If Slav's questioning the ref as they walked to the tunnel is an outburst then the game as well and truly gone. Then again they're classing Pereira's rolling forward to get back up as kicking out, so.... Someone elsewhere on here posted the Jiminez incident, which was much worse and you can see him looking for the player to kick at. I honestly believe Pereira pulls his legs back in once he realised their player was there... If there was any intent Van Anholt would've kicked off, instead he just ran back to defend...Player reactions say a lot about what's happened.