Gibbs
Anyone know the story here?  Playing Phillips LWB yesterday ahead of him was a comical decision
Was it?

I thought Phillips was fine. Would Gibbs have made a difference yesterday? Not for me.
To leave Gibbs out and play Phillips was IMO the end of the road for Gibbs. Although in hindsight we should have sold him a while ago.
Hasn’t he had COVID? Might not be fully up to speed.
Phillips arguably one of our better performers yesterday. Gibbs is rubbish.
(12-07-2020, 11:42 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Phillips arguably one of our better performers yesterday. Gibbs is rubbish.

Not necessarily on the left, but Phillips  is ok at wing back,  experience shows
(12-07-2020, 11:42 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Phillips arguably one of our better performers yesterday. Gibbs is rubbish.

Gibbs certainly isn't rubbish. One of our best players when fit.
He's not trained much I believe, will surely be back in for our next game

If Slav is picking anybody over either Townsend or Gibbs to play LWB he's writing his own P45

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Gibbs would be my first choice if i was picking the side. Think Townsend has done better than i expected, but Gibbs is the better option.
(12-07-2020, 11:19 AM)Loanee Wrote: Anyone know the story here?  Playing Phillips LWB yesterday ahead of him was a comical decision

MOTM for me but I really think Slav needs to start playing our players in the right and best (?) positions. 

Gibbs is a former international left back and imo our best left back.  Play him at left back or LWB in a 3-5 or 3-4. 

Phillips is a essentially a right winger who can play as a striker.  Play him at right wing/rwb. 

Diangana is primarily a left winger. 

Grant is not a lead the line centre-forward.  He played on the left of a 3 man Hudds attack which is where he scored his goals from.  I did say at the time we needed a Deeney type if we're going to get the best out of him.  

Slav needs to quickly get his best team on the pitch in their rightful positions and stop fucking about chopping and changing formations and personnel.