What’s a loan manager?
Something in The Daily Mail about Paul Terry ( brother of John) breaking FA gambling rules. He is our loan manager whatever that is
I didn't know he was employed here. Ughhh dislike our club a bit more now.

A loan manager helps organise loans, checks up on playersxon loan and so on.
Is it just me who finds this idea of "if Terry becomes manager I'm not supporting us anymore" a bit OTT.

Don't get me wrong I can't stand him and he's just about bottom of the list of managers I'd want, but stopping supporting Albion over an employee who would probably be there about a year? Really?

There's probably been other players over the years who have been just as bigger tossers as Terry. As I say, I can't think of anyone I would want less as manager. But stop supporting Albion because of it? OTT IMO.
(12-07-2020, 01:56 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I didn't know he was employed here. Ughhh dislike our club a bit more now.

A loan manager helps organise loans, checks up on playersxon loan and so on.

Appointed summer last year if I recall, and yes would appear to be a bit of an odious individual.
(12-07-2020, 02:02 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Is it just me who finds this idea of "if Terry becomes manager I'm not supporting us anymore" a bit OTT.

Don't get me wrong I can't stand him and he's just about bottom of the list of managers I'd want, but stopping supporting Albion over an employee who would probably be there about a year? Really?

There's probably been other players over the years who have been just as bigger tossers as Terry. As I say, I can't think of anyone I would want less as manager. But stop supporting Albion because of it? OTT IMO.

I have my reasons  I don't expect, or even want anyone to share my view on it. I'll happily support the club when he inevitably gets sacked.

However no way I could celebrate anything he is part of.
(12-07-2020, 02:02 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Is it just me who finds this idea of "if Terry becomes manager I'm not supporting us anymore" a bit OTT.

I would really struggle if JT was in charge... as a club we’ve done wonders for racial integration and he’s not a character that fits that profile. Whether it be sentimental bollocks or not, the manager and the team need to represent the culture and the personality of the club, without it they’ll never succeed here. John Terry is an arrogant, self centred egotist with dubious personality traits... he’s far from what this club needs and deserves. I’m with Birdy on this, if he’s ever in the dugout I won’t be in the stand. 

Think Paul Terry replaced Moore when he stepped up under Pardew after the role was vacant for a while... it’s all about having contacts in the lower leagues and facilitating the right move for our kids. He’ll be overseeing their moves, ensuring they’re settled in their new clubs, watching and reporting back on their progress, working with physios to ensure they get the right treatment/return to the club etc etc. Think Terry was an agent and had 10 odd years in the lower divisions so probably has a few contacts around!
I thought perhaps you could now get a manager on loan!
(12-07-2020, 02:47 PM)standitupbackstick Wrote: I thought perhaps you could now get a manager on loan!

If that ever happened then how long before Chelsea sign up all the up and coming managers to loan out?

Name them?

I was annoyed we even considered appointing Pardew, JT is even worse. There seems to be a view in the media that we should be appointing London wide boys as managers!
(12-07-2020, 02:05 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

I have my reasons  I don't expect, or even want anyone to share my view on it. I'll happily support the club when he inevitably gets sacked.

However no way I could celebrate anything he is part of.

plus one!