Matches you went to that ended up postponed
(12-14-2020, 11:08 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 10:35 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 10:17 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Stoke away.

High winds which almost blew us off the road going back!

Good call. The rearranged game was a 4-1 thumping. Luckily we were up

Koumas red card.

I went to both. Just got off the A500 when it got called off. In the rearranged fixture I Think Mamade Sadebe tore us a new one. Would that have been Pulis inspired. Certainly remember thinking how big they all were. Think Belly got chucked out too
Saturday 28 February 1976, 4 of us in my brother's car drove up from Dorset for a crucial game against top of the table Bristol City. Lovely sunny day, chatting and listening to music in car, got to the Hawthorns shortly before kick off and to our horror and disbelief there was a blackboard in the road at the Halfords Lane junction saying 'Game off - Bristol City flu'. Apparently they had had a flu jab in the week and most of their squad had flu. They asked for the game to be postponed on the day of the game. We didn't listen to the radio driving up, so were none the wiser.
(12-15-2020, 07:45 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote:

Koumas red card.

I went to both. Just got off the A500 when it got called off. In the rearranged fixture I Think Mamade Sadebe tore us a new one. Would that have been Pulis inspired. Certainly remember thinking how big they all were. Think Belly got chucked out too

Well. 

Could well have been!
There have been many over the years, all a pain in the arse when it's a late postponement after driving from Cornwall, I remember all those mentioned, Oxford, the replay there seemed to be Baggies everywhere, Norwich home ( snow ) the snow got worse and worse the nearer I got to the ground, even the Norwich coaches turned up, Watford home, torrential rain about an hour before kick off, two instances stick in the mind, the Watford replay was the only game Bob Taylor scored a hat trick for us and it was Sneekes debut, I also skidded on ice on Bodmin moor and crashed in the early hours on the way home and we playef Kilmarnock to officially open the Brummie, we were due to play Pompey and a Pompey fan turned up.
(12-15-2020, 08:44 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 07:45 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote:

Koumas red card.

Well. 

Could well have been!

That was the last time I went to Stoke. Vowed never to go again. Shitehole and the worst accents known to man.
Norwich at home. I'd gone straight to the ground following overtime in the days before I had a mobile. Got there and thought 'where the fuck is everybody?' only to be told it was off. I was quite relieved in a sense as I was beginning to convince myself that I'd got my dates mixed up. The other one was Blackpool away under RDM where Jara got sent off during the midweek replay.
I should've been working at Charlton Vs Bristol Rovers tonight, but I've just received an email from work saying it's been postponed due to a few Rovers players testing positive for Covid.
Can only remember 2 that I went to (or not)-the Blues one on Easter Monday and one in 73 vs Everton that got snowed off at the last minute. We very improbably stuffed them 4-1 in the re-scheduled match in April that may well have been the last points we got that season-think we lost at home to Norwich on the following Saturday to seal the drop to Div 2.
I remember a couple of home games that should have been abandoned:

Charlton FA Cup - The Tony Ford puddle assisted goal. Our pitch was terrible all season, but it was virtually unplayable against Charlton.
Chester - The fog game. I was at the front of the Brummie, and could only see the GK closest to the Brummie. We had no idea what was going on for the majority of the game, how it didn't get abandoned, I'll never know.
(12-14-2020, 10:08 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Oxford 94 i think. Tuesday night game, bunked off the last lesson at school (Chemistry i think), legged it home, got picked up by my sisters boyfriend and his hoppos. Got to Oxford through a blizzard, game off. 

Didnt fare much better for the rearranged game. Car trouble, got there 5 mins before kick-off only to find the Rozzers barring entry to the away end. Watched the game from the side terrace with hundreds of other baggies.

Also vaguely remember a mid season friendly against Crystal Palace being called off for waterlogged pitch, possibly late 80's?

Omg are you me? haha

This was exactly my experience, bunked off and drove down with dad in a Bedford van, found some sort of service station close to the ground and always remember someone had wrote WBA in the snow. That's when it came over the radio it was called off. Still good times and good memories Smile