Our record vs Man City
One of my best Man City memories I wasn't even at the game for. I remember listening to the radio when we beat them 2-1 in the relegation season. Luke Moore scored and I remember laughing in my front room saying to myself "WHAT! Luke Moore scored a fucking goal?! Luke Moore???!" before they equalised and I think Bednar got the winner right at the end
(12-15-2020, 08:58 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:35 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:06 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 12:00 AM)MrFizz Wrote: Remember beating them 4-0 in the Champ under Meggo i think. They'd just got promoted and were singing 'City are back' most of the game. When it got to 4 we started singing it!

Also remember Georgi Kinkladze tearing us a new one a few years before mind you.

Scott Dobie was a revelation in that game; raised expectations to unrealistic levels.

Was 4-0 but was early in the season (September). We drew with them at Maine Road that season. They stormed the league on 99 points. Albion 2nd on 89.
Recall beating them 2-1 at their place the following season. A rare win that season under Meggo.

Correct, was very early days that season. 

Think Fizz is confusing a couple seasons before when Joe Royle took them up in successive seasons from L1. We played them at the end of the season, they beat us 2-1 and would have been promoted by then and back in the top flight after a few years of free fall.

that 2-1 defeat was just after deadline day early in SGM reign.  The day we gave 5 debuts.

We took the lead - Goater in the 90th minute
(12-15-2020, 05:18 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:58 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:35 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:06 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 12:00 AM)MrFizz Wrote: Remember beating them 4-0 in the Champ under Meggo i think. They'd just got promoted and were singing 'City are back' most of the game. When it got to 4 we started singing it!

Also remember Georgi Kinkladze tearing us a new one a few years before mind you.

Scott Dobie was a revelation in that game; raised expectations to unrealistic levels.

Was 4-0 but was early in the season (September). We drew with them at Maine Road that season. They stormed the league on 99 points. Albion 2nd on 89.
Recall beating them 2-1 at their place the following season. A rare win that season under Meggo.

Correct, was very early days that season. 

Think Fizz is confusing a couple seasons before when Joe Royle took them up in successive seasons from L1. We played them at the end of the season, they beat us 2-1 and would have been promoted by then and back in the top flight after a few years of free fall.

that 2-1 defeat was just after deadline day early in SGM reign.  The day we gave 5 debuts.

We took the lead - Goater in the 90th minute

Haven’t been many better strikers in the Championship than The Goat... 61 in 91 for Man City at that level and won promotion both seasons!

Liked a goal against us too!