Our record vs Man City
Remember beating them 4-0 in the Champ under Meggo i think. They'd just got promoted and were singing 'City are back' most of the game. When it got to 4 we started singing it!

Also remember Georgi Kinkladze tearing us a new one a few years before mind you.
(12-14-2020, 11:02 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 10:58 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 10:56 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Woeful in recent years. 14 defeats (13 Premier League, 1 League Cup) in a row. Given our record against the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd has been good they really are a bogey team. The last time they failed to beat us was the 0-0 draw under Roy on Boxing Day 2011.
In our early Premier League years we had a good record against them. 5 wins. 2 draws. 2 defeats up to 2010.

Didn't we win one nil without a shot on target?

We'll lose but it'd be nice to see a decent performance.

I think the game you're referring to Nick was the 1-1 at their place just before xmas in 2004  - Gaardsoe sent off early on - and then the Albion legend Richard Dunne scored an o.g. near the end.  As you say we didn't have a shot on target. 

That was the catalyst to the GE.

Remember Earnie desperately chasing it trying to tap it in and claim the goal Big Grin

(12-14-2020, 11:20 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 11:19 PM)Biglad Wrote: I seem to recall dunne scoring a cracking header into the brummy road a o.g of course.

He's the record holder or pretty near for o.gs

He is indeed, 10 PL OGs.

Carragher second, and holds the record for lost goals scored against Liverpool.
(12-15-2020, 12:00 AM)MrFizz Wrote: Remember beating them 4-0 in the Champ under Meggo i think. They'd just got promoted and were singing 'City are back' most of the game. When it got to 4 we started singing it!

Also remember Georgi Kinkladze tearing us a new one a few years before mind you.

Scott Dobie was a revelation in that game; raised expectations to unrealistic levels.
(12-15-2020, 08:06 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 12:00 AM)MrFizz Wrote: Remember beating them 4-0 in the Champ under Meggo i think. They'd just got promoted and were singing 'City are back' most of the game. When it got to 4 we started singing it!

Scott Dobie was a revelation in that game; raised expectations to unrealistic levels.

Was 4-0 but was early in the season (September). We drew with them at Maine Road that season. They stormed the league on 99 points. Albion 2nd on 89.
Recall beating them 2-1 at their place the following season. A rare win that season under Meggo.
4-0 goals...

https://youtu.be/83dAg0bazEw
(12-15-2020, 08:35 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Was 4-0 but was early in the season (September). We drew with them at Maine Road that season. They stormed the league on 99 points. Albion 2nd on 89.
Recall beating them 2-1 at their place the following season. A rare win that season under Meggo.

Correct, was very early days that season. 

Think Fizz is confusing a couple seasons before when Joe Royle took them up in successive seasons from L1. We played them at the end of the season, they beat us 2-1 and would have been promoted by then and back in the top flight after a few years of free fall.

Kinkladze would have been late 90s when he was a brief highlight in an otherwise expensive but poor Man City side.
(12-15-2020, 08:58 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Think Fizz is confusing a couple seasons before when Joe Royle took them up in successive seasons from L1. We played them at the end of the season, they beat us 2-1 and would have been promoted by then and back in the top flight after a few years of free fall.

Kinkladze would have been late 90s when he was a brief highlight in an otherwise expensive but poor Man City side.

I remember a City supporter describing what it was like to have Kinkladze in their team on the  radio at the time. He likened it to the plight of a starving man saying it was like being served with a wheelbarrow of caviar, when what you really needed was a tray full of meat and potato pies  Big Grin .
(12-15-2020, 09:13 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:

I remember a City supporter describing what it was like to have Kinkladze in their team on the  radio at the time. He likened it to the plight of a starving man saying it was like being served with a wheelbarrow of caviar, when what you really needed was a tray full of meat and potato pies  Big Grin .

Fantastic.
He was head and shoulders above the Championship at the time.
DIdnt we beat them at home once? Luke Moore scored off the back of his head? Writing that down makes it sound like a fever dream mind.

I may well be getting the timeline confused yes. They were hazy days. Big Grin