Reserve Games Reminiscing
My second reminiscing thread of the week. Sorry, i'm bored!

Anyway, who liked attending matches involving 'The Stiffs' in the old Central League? I went to many in the early 90's, especially as STH's got in for nowt and there was usually bugger all else on the telly. 

Some good games against the big boys Man U, Liverpool. Derbies against the Seals/Dings were always a bit feisty as there were usually a few of them in attendance. 

A few WTF am i doing here games too though. Freezing cold night watching Scunthorpe Res alongside about 100 other daft beggars springs to mind.

We had some crap pro's then. James McCue. Did anyone see the point in him? Spent about 5 years in the Stiffs and never got anywhere. 

Old Popeye doing ball 'boy' duties in front of the Halfords. Getting a cheer whenever he fetched it.   Big Grin

Pity they moved the games to Halesowen and Kiddy. Now its just U23's.
Remember back in the Megson era when we had some kids tearing it up in the reserves but never got a sniff... Matty Turner, Mark Briggs, Mkandawire... pretty sure there was a lad called Brown too...

Most of them would end up having a year or two at Kiddy and never be heard of again.

Lateef Elford-Aliyu was supposed to be the next big thing...
(12-15-2020, 05:33 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Remember back in the Megson era when we had some kids tearing it up in the reserves but never got a sniff... Matty Turner, Mark Briggs, Mkandawire... pretty sure there was a lad called Brown too...

Most of them would end up having a year or two at Kiddy and never be heard of again.

Lateef Elford-Aliyu was supposed to be the next big thing...

He and Sawyers were class signings on FM11.
Lucky enough to see Regis's debut reserve goal, which meant I saw his debut reserve, league, FA and league cup goals, another great reserve memory was Ian Edwards scoring a 40 yard header against Liverpool.
I used to go fairly frequently

Went loads when at Aggborough when Meggo was manager, used to have Joost Volmer treating every game like a cup final, playing out of his skin only to see Gilchrist have another howler at the weekend and continue to get the nod

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(12-15-2020, 05:45 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Lucky enough to see Regis's debut reserve goal, which meant I saw his debut reserve, league, FA and league cup goals, another great reserve memory was Ian Edwards scoring a 40 yard header against Liverpool.

Ian Edwards. 

The Hotel King.
Ugo Ehiogu. Saw him in the stiffs a few times. Always looked decent, and then.......

Also saw Sam Allardyce play a few. He was crap by then, but hard as nails.
First trip to The Shrine was a Central League game against Man City around October 78, finished 0-0.
(12-15-2020, 06:19 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Ugo Ehiogu. Saw him in the stiffs a few times. Always looked decent, and then.......

You must have loved a trip to the ressies late 80s

Fat Sam made 1 sub appearance for us - when?
(12-15-2020, 06:25 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 06:19 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Ugo Ehiogu. Saw him in the stiffs a few times. Always looked decent, and then.......

You must have loved a trip to the ressies late 80s

Fat Sam made 1 sub appearance for us - when?

Was it when we lost to Newcastle at home  5-1 in the 89/90 season