Thoughtful Grauniad article on Sam and the Brom
https://www.theguardian.com/football/202...ier-league
‘‘Twas great. Well worth the read.
I despise Jonathan Liew anyway, but that opening paragraph is the sort of needless public schoolboy snobbery that really annoys me.
Good read, thanks.
I like "a club with no discernible direction".
I think that's the main thing for me. We seemed to be getting one under Bilic but now it's back to mugging along. Again.
(12-17-2020, 12:20 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Good read, thanks.
I think that's the main thing for me. We seemed to be getting one under Bilic but now it's back to mugging along. Again.

Now I have to disagree, I thought we were bobbing hither and thither without a anybody at the rudder.

We have a very clear direction.

Whatever will maximise the value for the club so Lai can save face in China and Yunyi don't lose too much of the money they spent on us.
(12-17-2020, 12:28 PM)hudds Wrote:

Now I have to disagree, I thought we were bobbing hither and thither without a anybody at the rudder.

I agree Hudds.

This time last year thought we were heading in a definite and (happily) positive direction.

Now it's all a bit of a mess. There is no coherence, listen to Dowling and he wanted to concentrate on signing younger players who we could improve and sell on for a profit (hello Branislav). In reality we seemed to have a dual purchasing process, one the head coach was controlling and one the Director of football was controlling. And with a club with very limited resources that leads to wastage.

And now Allardyce. What direction are we heading for. Go to far down that track and we will be heading to territory we have worked so hard to leave, an ageing squad on high wages who you cannot move on or replace.
(12-17-2020, 12:28 PM)hudds Wrote:

Towards the Championship is very much a direction