BFS - positives
(12-17-2020, 01:10 PM)Olympic Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 01:00 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 12:51 PM)Olympic Wrote: Genuinely believe he’s been out of the game too much with selected pressing now being the main factor in the way teams prepare for games. As Pulis and Houghton are finding out in their new positions standing and waiting for the attackers to come to you doesn’t work any longer.

Actually the stats this season show all teams in the PL have pressed less this year, except Villa.

Hence ‘selected pressing’

Alladyce isn't Pulis. Those 2 years would have been spent studying the game. He isn't one fir the emotion of football, he is a lover of statistical analysis and sport science. People who have chatted to him on these subjects are often overwhelmed by his knowledge.

If he needs to change something in his methods, he will.
For me the positives are I think we have players who could do well in a system that will, presumably rely heavily on counter attacking and set pieces. Pereira, Diangana, Robinson and Grant have pace, as do the full backs. Clearly lacking someone to hold it up top (at least whilst HRK is injured) but have defenders who should be a threat at corners, set-pieces.
Hate to throw a spanner in the works but I know someone well who knows Allardyce very well through "dodgy ticker" heart rehabilitation and Prosport connections and he says he's a genuinely nice down to earth bloke.
(12-17-2020, 01:23 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Alladyce isn't Pulis. Those 2 years would have been spent studying the game. He isn't one fir the emotion of football, he is a lover of statistical analysis and sport science. People who have chatted to him on these subjects are often overwhelmed by his knowledge.

If he needs to change something in his methods, he will.

I was never sure if this was a combination or really good PR (back to my point about the media) and having a huge team around him or if he really does have a more advanced footballing brain than most. The main reason for my doubts is that a lot of fans from previous clubs seem to talk about him in the same way we talk about pulis.

Being positive, I think you made a lot of good points on another thread that he is a technical tactician which is encouraging.
In the cold light of day I did not want Big Sam I was for Pearson if Bilic went, but could we really have picked a better coach for the situation we’re in. His record is second to none. As a person I dislike him but looking at his record he is perfect for us. His brand of football is nothing like Pulis ball, he enjoys defending but most of his sides have had flair players and I think Pereira will thrive under Sam. When I look at the other candidate’s Pearson, Hughes Silva there is no comparison to Sam’s
is loads better. So Bilic whom I would have been happy if he had stayed is gone because his record this year of 10 wins wasn’t no where near good enough. So we have picked the best Candidate out there for the position we are in.
Bilic’s dismissal could have been handled better, but from what I heard it was a disgruntled agent who alerted the media after his man who he thought had the job was turned down.
(12-17-2020, 01:28 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: For me the positives are I think we have players who could do well in a system that will, presumably rely heavily on counter attacking and set pieces. Pereira, Diangana, Robinson and Grant have pace, as do the full backs. Clearly lacking someone to hold it up top (at least whilst HRK is injured) but have defenders who should be a threat at corners, set-pieces.

Recall for big kenneth?
(12-17-2020, 01:34 PM)sickParrot Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 01:28 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: For me the positives are I think we have players who could do well in a system that will, presumably rely heavily on counter attacking and set pieces. Pereira, Diangana, Robinson and Grant have pace, as do the full backs. Clearly lacking someone to hold it up top (at least whilst HRK is injured) but have defenders who should be a threat at corners, set-pieces.

Recall for big kenneth?

Ha! Could be on the cards!! 

Also, to be clear, in keeping with the OP - I'm trying to find positives. Can't say I find the prospect of watching us very appealing!
Be interesting to watch the game on Sunday in terms of how he sets us up. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dZUitdsAKg

Recall for big kenneth?

He's presumably doing his rehab at the WBA training ground.  What a turn up for the books if he turns him into a player!
(12-17-2020, 01:37 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote:

Recall for big kenneth?

Ha! Could be on the cards!! 

Also, to be clear, in keeping with the OP - I'm trying to find positives. Can't say I find the prospect of watching us very appealing!

So have you enjoyed watching us this season up till now then?