Sam on Squealish yesterday
"He is an outstanding individual, one Aston Villa will be delighted to have. If we had a Jack Grealish, with all due respect to my players, we would stay up.”

Dowling said on Wednesday "we believe but more importantly,  Sam believes,  that we have the necessary quality in the squad to stay up".  

4 days later, Sam makes these comments that no Albion Manager should during their currency - in my view - and certainly not half an hour after a 0-3 defeat to our rivals. 

Is this designed to provoke a reaction he's not getting from the players;  motivate the likes of Pereira and Diangana?  

Can't imagine Ole saying if we had Aquero we'd win the title etc... lol 

Insanity or kidology?
I think he's just being honest. Grealish is a talented lad but unless he fancies a game at centre half he wouldn't keep us up.
(12-21-2020, 03:43 PM)Hopalong Wrote: "He is an outstanding individual, one Aston Villa will be delighted to have. If we had a Jack Grealish, with all due respect to my players, we would stay up.”

Dowling said on Wednesday "we believe but more importantly,  Sam believes,  that we have the necessary quality in the squad to stay up".  

4 days later, Sam makes these comments that no Albion Manager should during their currency - in my view - and certainly not half an hour after a 0-3 defeat to our rivals. 

Is this designed to provoke a reaction he's not getting from the players;  motivate the likes of Pereira and Diangana?  

Insanity or kidology?

What do you want him to say? We’ve got just as good players? When we clearly haven’t.
Think Sam was is in full piss off the players that just let the club down last night.

No doubt today he's spent time with Pereira etc telling them something quite different.
(12-21-2020, 04:39 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 03:43 PM)Hopalong Wrote: "He is an outstanding individual, one Aston Villa will be delighted to have. If we had a Jack Grealish, with all due respect to my players, we would stay up.”

Insanity or kidology?

What do you want him to say? We’ve got just as good players? When we clearly haven’t.

Nothing - about Livermore or Grealish.
What he said about Livermore needed to be said. They've been protected and mommy coddled way too much so far.
(12-21-2020, 04:54 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: What he said about Livermore needed to be said. They've been protected and mommy coddled way too much so far.

Agreed.

Putting the boot in isn’t always the best response to a poor performance but Slav’s nicey-nicey hasnt worked this season.
A great way to keep on alienating the fans who are already pissed off with fatso. Just keep your gob shut sam, shovel some more pasties in.

No problem with him commenting on our idiots, but this is just another kick in the nads.
(12-21-2020, 04:54 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: What he said about Livermore needed to be said. They've been protected and mommy coddled way too much so far.

I'd rather he just say I'll speak to Livermore about it, rather than ranting about stripping him of the captaincy in the media.  

His distainful reaction to Grealish at the time and what he said afterwards were at odds.  He obviously didn't think it was a red at the time and was standing 3 yards away.   

I would think Bilic was completely different behind the scenes and said what needed to be said.
Good to see people defending Bilic on here.
He wasn't a shit manager and I shall remember his time with us with affection. Pulis was manager entirely in the prem and I won't remember his time so well.
And I don't remember the top managers criticising their players in public. Doesn't bode well.