Christmas tipple
(12-22-2020, 11:53 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote: 10yr old Jura in Morrisons looks a good buy at £25

I grabbed a litre of Jim beam for £19, great for old fashioneds.
(12-22-2020, 11:38 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Had my first sherry in years, oh sorry, can't call it sherry these days as it's English Fortified Wine... it's sherry, it's just not from the sherry triangle. A nice tipple whilst doing the boring fucking job of wrapping presents.

QC is £4.50 a bottle in Morrisons, cheapest actually named sherry is about £10... Get the QC there's no bloody difference.

Not been able to be called called "British sherry" for 30 years and it's nothing like real sherry.  There is a a legal deal with UK/Spain/EU (which is another one that might go out the window from next year - tons of this stuff to sort out).  Shite.  Cheaper then Buckfast mind for the same strength of sweet British  alcoholic piss....  If you drink sherry (which is a steal as a quality wine) proper fino or oloroso and such like is the perra's cojones.
whatever the Vine up Clent is selling Christmas eve, (tier 2 heaven (for now)).

Christmas day: fizz with juice although with each glass the juice element will reduce.  

onto the beers around dinnertime (lunch for you poshy's) Bathams and Bathams xxx (but only one of those bad boys as they make my legs go wobbly), vino with dinner and I've got some nice Pinot Gris in from the wine press in Lye,then on to some Bailey's coffee's with some heavily brandied Christmas cake followed by a snooze  Big Grin

probably a few more Bitters after my snooze whilst playing Charades badly

have  a great Christmas all you "Ponners" (even the idiots)
Christmas Eve is grilled octopus and monkfish so an easy choice of Marlborough sauvignon blanc with that and then some sloe gin from 2014 to round off the meal. Then we've got goose Christmas Day so after a gifted bottle of bubbly it'll be Willem the Silent from Laithwaites and then some Tokay that my Hungarian colleague brought me back with dessert.

That will be following by a load of farting and snoring and then will either carry on with the wine or to cool down Black Isle Brewery 21 Pale.
(12-22-2020, 11:56 PM)hudds Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 11:38 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Had my first sherry in years, oh sorry, can't call it sherry these days as it's English Fortified Wine... it's sherry, it's just not from the sherry triangle. A nice tipple whilst doing the boring fucking job of wrapping presents.

QC is £4.50 a bottle in Morrisons, cheapest actually named sherry is about £10... Get the QC there's no bloody difference.

Not been able to be called called "British sherry" for 30 years and it's nothing like real sherry.  There is a a legal deal with UK/Spain/EU (which is another one that might go out the window from next year - tons of this stuff to sort out).  Shite.  Cheaper then Buckfast mind for the same strength of sweet British  alcoholic piss....  If you drink sherry (which is a steal as a quality wine) proper fino or oloroso and such like is the perra's cojones.

A female dog with bollocks?
(12-23-2020, 10:30 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

'Udds will be sticking in an extra 200 press-ups today in self-punishment for that momentary lapse.

30+ years is probably the last time I had sherry! well QC does for me, then again so does sub £25 scotch! I was sorely disappointed with Buckfast, I expected so much more from it. Had heard all these tales and none of them were true.
(12-23-2020, 10:59 AM)Fido Wrote:

'Udds will be sticking in an extra 200 press-ups today in self-punishment for that momentary lapse.

Mea culpa.  400 press ups.  I was distracted by the mammoth Bitterness And Petty Sniping activity and astonished that anybody could make a postive comparsion between what is a "fortified made-wine" and fortified wine of fresh grapes.  What a night!
(12-23-2020, 11:11 AM)hudds Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 10:59 AM)Fido Wrote:

Mea culpa.  400 press ups.  I was distracted by the mammoth Bitterness And Petty Sniping activity and astonished that anybody could make a postive comparsion between what is a "fortified made-wine" and fortified wine of fresh grapes.  What a night!

'arf Big Grin sorry guv'na.
(12-23-2020, 11:10 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I was sorely disappointed with Buckfast, I expected so much more from it. Had heard all these tales and none of them were true.

It only works properly if you drink it on a bench on Coatbridge railway station.

Straight from the bottle, obviously.