Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we win 3 in a row, can we stay up ?
Haven’t studied league table, it depresses me .. but is relegation certain 

Views  .... haven’t started drinking yet ?
It seems possible to overhaul the two immediately above us, but then dragging another one in is the crux of it. Sadly, it just seems a tad too far even allowing for a storming end to the season.
Probably not. We could win all of our remaining fixtures and still be relegated.
We’re as good as down. But does anyone else have the tiniest sliver of hope? As long as it’s mathematically possible I suppose there’ll always be that ‘if’ - as unlikely as it is.
(04-16-2018, 01:56 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Haven’t studied league table, it depresses me .. but is relegation certain 

It would require Swansea to lose their remaining 5 games and bigger GD than us.
(04-16-2018, 02:07 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 01:56 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Haven’t studied league table, it depresses me .. but is relegation certain 

Or Brighton, Huddersfield, West Ham and Palace.
(04-16-2018, 02:09 PM)TheUnit Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 02:07 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote:

Or Brighton, Huddersfield, West Ham and Palace.

OP asks 3 in a row.
Virtually impossible.

If we win our last 4 that puts us on 36 points. Forgetting Stoke and Saints revivals the others are:
Swansea - if they win 1 and draw 1 from their final 5 games (Man City, Chelsea, Bournmouth, Stoke and Saints)
Palace - if they win 1 we can't catch them (Watford, Leicester, Stoke and Us)
I can't be bothered to look at West Ham, Huddersfield and Brighton

Effectively to keep everyone's points down we need Swansea to draw with Stoke and Saints and lose the rest, and/or Palace to draw with Stoke and lose the rest.

And we then need to beat Liverpool, Newcastle, Palace and Spurs. A couple more wins somewhere in the Pardew / Pulis fuck up and we might have had a glimmer. We currently need Stoke and Saints to carry on as they have and then either Palace or Swansea to get a points deduction for causing a riot.

We're down.
Yes, so many points chucked away ... even 3 or 4 draws under Pardew and we’d have had a chance
If we win all 4 matches and Huddersfield fail to take more than a point from the following fixtures then we're safe:
Everton (H)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)

It's fucking criminal that we're in this state. As BRB says above, just 3/4 more points would've given us a right chance.

Basically, we're down. But it ain't over 'til it's over and you never know...