Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick
Local tip run, more kindle chopping. Started to get warm again at lunch time. Decided feet up enjoy the sunshine. Sharpen axes and chainsaw it's tough at the bottom.
24th April (A good English soaking)

As the title suggests - rain and more rain!

The self-watering system has now been properly tested and all the seeds will get a good drink. I only hope it's not the start of a month-long deluge as it'll rot the potatoes. The drainage is good on the site but the water table rises high in places.

Remember the old adage, folks - plant wet and sow dry. No good sowing seed into wet ground. And it's a little too damp (and early) to be bedding in young plants. 

Have a great evening, folks!  Big Grin
(04-24-2018, 02:17 PM)Black Penny Wrote: Local tip run, more kindle chopping. Started to get warm again at lunch time. Decided feet up enjoy the sunshine. Sharpen axes and chainsaw it's tough at the bottom.

What gruelling lives we lead, eh!?  Big Grin
25th April (Pickles, pickles, pickles).

On my newly constructed muck heap I have placed out the markers for my cornichons and pickling cucumbers. As you all probably know the average cucurbit is a greedy fellow and the nutrients in the manure are just the job! Well rotted stuff is all the better.

And as it's pickles, what better herb to plant than dill. No good pickling cucumbers without having dill at hand. Think lamb and mint or beef and Yorkies.

Have a great evening, folks!  Big Grin
Cooler today and a few showers about - 3 hrs on chain saw and axe.
Need to get into the veggie garden and do some planting this week - everything is starting to grow like crazy now.
(Yesterday, 06:13 PM)Black Penny Wrote: Cooler today and a few showers about - 3 hrs on chain saw and axe.
Need to get into the veggie garden and do some planting this week - everything is starting to grow like crazy now.

The last week has accelerated the grown of trees exponentially. Nature has a great knack of making up for lost time.