Tiny Penis
(12-29-2020, 11:21 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 11:13 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Failed at Boro, failed at Sheff Wed. Just a poor manager these days.

Not sure he failed at Boro... he inherited a right mish mash from Monk and had to sell Traore in the summer... 5th and 7th not terrible.

He’s been an absolute disaster at Wednesday though... can’t see anyone else taking a punt on him any time soon.

Inherited a a right mish mash from Monk at Wed.
(12-29-2020, 12:22 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 11:13 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Failed at Boro, failed at Sheff Wed. Just a poor manager these days.

Not sure he failed at Boro... he inherited a right mish mash from Monk and had to sell Traore in the summer... 5th and 7th not terrible.

He’s been an absolute disaster at Wednesday though... can’t see anyone else taking a punt on him any time soon.

I thought the idea of pulis was to turn anything around though?  I have nothing positive to say about him.

6 points in 11 under Monk, followed by 7 in 10 from Pulis. I guess he improved them a bit...
(12-29-2020, 12:15 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:56 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I see the usual suspects are rocking in the corner over an ex-manager.

I really don't get it.

I was no lover of the man, but he did the job he was hired to do. He stayed too long, not his fault, we continually fucked up as a club before and after him leading to relegation.

It's not his fault we missed two great opportunities to part company during the summers of 2016 and 2017. 

The final few months of his tenure were tortuous but prior to that he delivered some great results.
He's usually good at what he does. We have no idea how much of a mess he inherited at Wednesday or what's gone on behind the scenes. If the owner is as cynical as Pulis, it could have been an explosive relationship. I guess Tony's trying to claw back the £3m loss he incurred over the bonus at Palace. But he's still much wealthier than most of us. Glad we don't have to watch his football any more.
(12-29-2020, 01:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

6 points in 11 under Monk, followed by 7 in 10 from Pulis. I guess he improved them a bit...

Perhaps both of these records tell you the issue is with the squad, not the manager??
(12-29-2020, 01:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Actually it was 12 points from 11 under Monk (they had a 6 point deduction), so no, he didn’t improve them despite playing 5 centre halves.
Tony Pulis - the man who earned the club millions by continually getting an average squad to finish way above where they should have done.

Slaven Bilic - the man who earned the club millions by just about achieving promotion despite losing to the likes of Stoke, Huddersfield, Wigan.

Both should in hindsight have been sacked in the summer before they left.

One idolised; one derided. Bizarre.
(12-29-2020, 12:15 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:56 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I see the usual suspects are rocking in the corner over an ex-manager.

I really don't get it.

I was no lover of the man, but he did the job he was hired to do. He stayed too long, not his fault, we continually fucked up as a club before and after him leading to relegation.

Indeed. I was no fan of his but I’ve barely thought about him since he left us.

Don’t get the obsession with him since.
(12-29-2020, 04:41 PM)clem4england Wrote: Tony Pulis - the man who earned the club millions by continually getting an average squad to finish way above where they should have done.

Slaven Bilic - the man who earned the club millions by just about achieving promotion despite losing to the likes of Stoke, Huddersfield, Wigan.

Both should in hindsight have been sacked in the summer before they left.

One idolised; one derided. Bizarre.

One was a sexy foreigner who made us play supposedly sexy football and made us well liked. Thats the difference.

Pulis did a better job at this level by far.