Tiny Penis
If it was his sole remit then it shouldn't have been and the club was at fault.

For a club like us we have to be looking in our recruitment policy of ways to increase our revenue streams. Put simply by cheap, sell expensive.

At bothus and Stoke you can count on the fingers of one hand, the players Pulis made a profit on.

And he left both clubs with ageing squads who were increasingly not fit for the purpose of survival in the premiership.

It's a matter of debate whether either ourselves Stoke have recovered from having a significant period of time with Tony Pulis in charge.
None of our football last season was anything like as bad as under Pulis. I can only assume that people have managed to wipe “performances” against Villa, Norwich, Port Vale - all at home- from their memories. I wish I could. And there were many more.
Pulis drove me away from football, 30 years as a season ticket holder, after 18 months in charge.
Had Megson been offered the chance of staying all season after Pulis went, we'd have stayed up imo.
(12-29-2020, 05:06 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Had Megson been offered the chance of staying all season after Pulis went, we'd have stayed up imo.
Or even Dave.
(12-29-2020, 04:58 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 04:45 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 04:41 PM)clem4england Wrote: Tony Pulis - the man who earned the club millions by continually getting an average squad to finish way above where they should have done.

Slaven Bilic - the man who earned the club millions by just about achieving promotion despite losing to the likes of Stoke, Huddersfield, Wigan.

Both should in hindsight have been sacked in the summer before they left.

One idolised; one derided. Bizarre.

Pulis didn't earn us millions, he earned Peace millions before giving us an aging and limited squad with little to no resale value and putting us at the extremes of FFP with his terrible transfer targets. He also played really boring football against teams in and around us for all but a 6 month period of his tenure.
He earned the *club* millions. If Peace took additional profits as a dividend (I do not know if he did) or had a bumper pay day as the value of his investment grew, fine. 

The buys in his final summer were horrendous (were they his targets or someone else's?) and the football against the likes of West Ham at home were equally horrendous in that last season. Before that it worked as we stayed up. That was our sole aim and his sole remit.

He earned Peace millions by securing Premier League status allowing him to extract as much value as possible from selling us, the club nor the fans benefitted from that. The money that was earned by the club was invested poorly under him so the club didn't benefit and he hardly left us in a better position than when he took over whereas Bilic did.

We had a platform to genuinely target a European spot in his penultimate season and downed tools, the season before we could have challenged for a top 10 position but downed tools, his final few months were disastrous that can only be passed over because of the shitshow that followed. His remit was to keep us up to the board but once he managed that he never tried to push the squad further to endear himself to the fans.

And they were his targets, Pulis had a level control over the budget that was provided that no manager had before or since and we didn't have an established scouting system or technical team above him like we did with Dashworth.
That's all the clubs fault, not his.
(12-29-2020, 05:13 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: That's all the clubs fault, not his.

It is his fault. Just because the club screwed up as well doesn't absolve Pulis from blame.
tiptontown Wrote:
Johnnykayeengland Wrote:You were at Huddersfield.
"Tony Pulis, your football is shit".
That's why he's derided. 
There was no point in what he did, beyond, as above, making Peace (and himself) a fortune.
We fans got nothing. Lousy football, we always lost more than we won, and his final squad was too poor for this level.
BD nearly managed it with football that was watchable, with the same squad.

This
The fact that many season tickets holders stopped going tells you all you needed to know....His football was effective, but absolutely shite to watch. He did a job for us when he first came in, but IMO stayed a couple of seasons than he should've.
Most on here on appreciative of the pragmatic style of Megson and Hodgeson (me included and I'm onboard with big Sam), Pulis was on a completely different level to them.
And this again!
That game against villa at home was our best ever chance to deliver total and utter humiliation. They were losing by cricket scores yet we set up for a 0-0 draw. We had a gang of around 12 STHs that had been going since the days of Little and Buckley. After Pulis we were down to 2. Not a single other manager has had such a devastating effect on our support. He has gone and we are well over it, but I won't be lectured on how fickle I am because I don't  treat him with reverence. The man was poison.
(12-29-2020, 05:13 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: That's all the clubs fault, not his.

Well I agree with this.

I think a problem we have is that twice in the last ten years we have owners who do not see themselves as owners for the long term, and are therefore  prepared  to make strategic decisions which are for  their  short term  benefit,   even when it will be disadvantageous  for the  club  in the  long term.
Don't think anyone reveres him. Same as no one should revere Bilic as he is. Certainly underserved there.