Allardyce Interview
(01-02-2021, 10:26 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 10:25 PM)Olympic Wrote: Keown saying he looks like he lost the players who were playing for Bilic.
Fuck me if that was them playing for him. Probably gutted they now have to put some effort in on the training ground.

Apart from Everton and Palace second halves with 10 men, Fulham and Southampton I think we competed in every match under Bilic. Under Sam we have competed in one half of the 4 matches.
(01-02-2021, 10:27 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: He's a depressing fucker

Yeah if you can’t be chipper after a 0-4 defeat when can you be
(01-02-2021, 10:28 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 10:26 PM)Olympic Wrote: 'Most teams we play will be a lot better than us' . Nice way to motivate your players.

It’s about time these players find some self motivation.
Whether you like fat Sam, bilic, or some other manager these gutless fools need to find some professionalism and fast
Its not a lot different than when Megson arrived. He bombed out the overpaid dross, signed some good players on loan, and kept us up.

Sam needs to do the same, but I doubt he will have the budget or be able to sign the players with the right attitude. This needs siege mentality, and I doubt we can create it.
Anyone else think he'll be gone before the end of the season? Personally, I think he'll walk. Doesn't need the money, won't want a relegation on his record and I think the inevitable lack of funds in the transfer window will be his opportunity to provide his reasoning for leaving.
(01-02-2021, 10:33 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 10:26 PM)Olympic Wrote: 'Most teams we play will be a lot better than us' . Nice way to motivate your players.

Whether you like fat Sam, bilic, or some other manager these gutless fools need to find some professionalism and fast
Its not a lot different than when Megson arrived. He bombed out the overpaid dross, signed some good players on loan, and kept us up.

Sam needs to do the same, but I doubt he will have the budget or be able to sign the players with the right attitude. This needs siege mentality, and I doubt we can create it.

Yes you need players behind you for a siege mentality. He seems to have lost them already.
(01-02-2021, 10:25 PM)Olympic Wrote: Keown saying he looks like he lost the players who were playing for Bilic.

Bilic lost them this time last year.
(01-02-2021, 10:30 PM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote: I pray that he gets fuck all to spend. Let's face it, we are going down. If he empties our almost empty coffers on his type of player, then that fucks our chances next season too. I heard on the  commentary that our owner was at the game? Any info anyone?

He dropped a penny down the back of his seat last time he was here, just came back to find it.
(01-02-2021, 10:35 PM)Olympic Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 10:33 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Yes you need players behind you for a siege mentality. He seems to have lost them already.

Did he ever have them? Johnstone's interview after the Man City game seemed to indicate that they were willing to fight for Bilic. There's been no sign of that under Fat Dingle.
(01-02-2021, 10:36 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Bilic lost them this time last year.

Thought we had our best spell in February. 5 wins and 1 draw
(01-02-2021, 10:32 PM)Olympic Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 10:26 PM)clem4england Wrote:
Fuck me if that was them playing for him. Probably gutted they now have to put some effort in on the training ground.

Apart from Everton and Palace second halves with 10 men, Fulham and Southampton I think we competed in every match under Bilic. Under Sam we have competed in one half of the 4 matches.
Leicester? Brighton first half? Toon first half? Burnley and Sheff U were games between two appalling teams but we did compete.

We did well against Man U, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea and Brighton second half.