Quick resume of the season & formation
Stop that (relegation) train, I wanna get off..
(01-03-2021, 12:18 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 11:52 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Leicester - collapsed second half
Everton - collapsed after the red
Chelsea - collapsed as soon a they scored 
Saints - one of the most insipid displays I’ve seen 
Burnley - diabolical game but a fair point 
Brighton - outplayed until Potter bizarrely made subs that handed us a draw - should have won
Fulham - see Saints A
Sheff U - did our utmost to blow the lead, but Sam and poor finishing saves us.
Spurs - unlucky, deserved a point 
Man United - unlucky, deserved a point 
Palace - collapsed again 
Newcastle - collapsed again
Man City - tried our hardest to throw it away, thankfully Sam played a blinder
——-
Villa - collapsed again
Liverpool - best performance of the season
Leeds - worst collapse I’ve seen
Arsenal - went and built a snowman instead.

A few unfair 'collapses' their mate!   Wink

We came back to 2 all at Everton but they overwhelmed us in the end and when we've gone down to 10 heads have dropped. Even against Chelsea we missed chances 2nd half to increase our lead after they scored.

You’re accusing me of being negative when you forgot our only bloody win Athers Wink

Any team should be able to hold onto a 3 goal lead for 45 minutes with 11 men... the fact we threw away a 3-1 lead with 10 to go is unforgivable. Similarly, to concede 5 to Palace and Everton when we went down to 10 men is a sign of poor coaching and mentality.  

If one of our opposition went down to ten men we’d be bemoaning our inability to break them down and no doubt get done on the break.
Yeah the Chelsea game is a negative against Bilic. Never lose a 3 nil lead.
(01-03-2021, 12:15 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 11:49 AM)Olympic Wrote: I agree with the summary Hopalong. We've done ok considering our squad worth and wage budget. Everyone had us to be rock bottom so being 19th with two points off safety on our budget was actually overachieving. Regarding Kipre I can't see him playing again after he liked a twitter post of Arsenal scoring last night. Seems like all is not good in the camp.

Oh dear, not seen that - frustration I guess but very unprofessional.

Agree, unproffesional. But, what was Kipre promised when signing for us? `You`ll be in the squad`, `you`ll get your chance`? If he feels he was lied to by Dowling or whoever, he probably wants out. Actually, in the Champ next season, if that is where we are, he could be ok.
(01-03-2021, 11:42 AM)The liquidator Wrote: We was outclassed in the majority of the games apart from Chelsea first half and Brighton second half all the rest we have been fucking poor no good trying to put glitter on a turd it's still a turd

I’m pleased to see you have the same respect for Polish nationals as I do and I’ve never understood what the Polish have to do with a turd.
(01-03-2021, 01:02 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 12:15 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 11:49 AM)Olympic Wrote: I agree with the summary Hopalong. We've done ok considering our squad worth and wage budget. Everyone had us to be rock bottom so being 19th with two points off safety on our budget was actually overachieving. Regarding Kipre I can't see him playing again after he liked a twitter post of Arsenal scoring last night. Seems like all is not good in the camp.

Oh dear, not seen that - frustration I guess but very unprofessional.

Agree, unproffesional. But, what was Kipre promised when signing for us? `You`ll be in the squad`, `you`ll get your chance`? If he feels he was lied to by Dowling or whoever, he probably wants out. Actually, in the Champ next season, if that is where we are, he could be ok.

Quite a few Champ sides wanted him, no other PL ones did... he chose to sign for a PL side... he must have known he’d face a battle to get into our side - although he’s probably watching those ahead of him and wondering why he’s not getting a chance!