The Hollies on Sky Arts
At the moment, Look through any Window documentary 1963 to 1975
Good band in their time. I can't stand that Graham Nash though for some reason.
(01-03-2021, 06:59 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Good band in their time. I can't stand that Graham Nash though for some reason.

He does come across as a bit of a twat to be honest, compare his output to The Hollies and he’s probably bitter!
Some of the tracks would probably sound a bit dated now but, of its time, the album Butterfly was a classic.
(01-03-2021, 07:09 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:59 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Good band in their time. I can't stand that Graham Nash though for some reason.

He does come across as a bit of a twat to be honest, compare his output to The Hollies and he’s probably bitter!

Highly unlikely. What with the money he must've made from Crosby, Stills, Nash (and Young). They were huge in the States.
I'm a big Neil Young fan and have read numerous books and articles about that late sixties early 70's era CSN(Y) music. Graham Nash said he got fed up of the Hollies wanting to only make 3 min singles .Even the Beatles and Stones were making albums with longer tracks on not aimed at the pop charts but the rest of the Hollies didn't want it .None of them made a lot of money, their hits were written by other people Nash reckoned all he'd got was a house in Manchester that was paid for .When he left for America he gave his house to his sister who had just got married. He landed in America with 200 quid in his pocket .Within two years he was a multi millionaire and never really needed to work again if he didn't want to. But he did of course.
(01-03-2021, 08:28 PM)Alf Tupper Wrote: I'm a big Neil Young fan and have read numerous books and articles about that late sixties early 70's era CSN(Y) music. Graham Nash said he got fed up of the Hollies wanting to only make 3 min singles .Even the Beatles and Stones were making albums with longer tracks on not aimed at the pop charts but the rest of the Hollies didn't want it .None of them made a lot of money, their hits were written by other people  Nash reckoned all he'd got was a house in Manchester that was paid for .When he left for America he gave his house to his sister who had just got married. He landed in America with 200 quid in his pocket .Within two years he was a multi millionaire and never really needed to work again if he didn't want to. But he did of course.

Fair play to him then, but he still comes across as a supercilious twat.