This packing your side with compatriots stuff
Seen a few using this as a reason why Slav had to go (even though he never achieved it)... Has anyone had a word with Nuno about how it's not working out for them? Or is it that lower quality Portugese are better than mid level Croats?

Apologies if anyone else pointed it out, but for mental health reasons, I've cut my phone connection off from this place and can only post when anchored on my PC, and am a lazy fucker who cannot be arsed to trawl through the posts to look.

Also, as an aside, now that we're out of Europe do any homegrown rules kick in that will bollox up them lot at the custard bowels?

***yay backpager! (probably where it belongs to be honest!)
Still don't see how signing one Croat is " packing your side with compatriots ", Slav signed as many Serbs as he did Croats.
I can't say that's ever been a concern or care of mine.

More the delusion of apparently thinking we could pay Manzukic. Though the only source for that is Athers who is only marginally less insane than Ziz.
Signing too many Grimboans is the only thing that has bothered me in the past.
(01-03-2021, 05:17 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I can't say that's ever been a concern or care of mine.

More the delusion of apparently thinking we could pay Manzukic. Though the only source for that is Athers who is only marginally less insane than Ziz.

Pretty sure the only other Croat Slav wanted was Vlasic from Spartak but the deal was never going to happen, oh and the tenuous links to Orsic?

I’d have much rather we took a look at Sutalo who went to Atalanta, Gvardiol who went to RBL, Bradaric who went to Lille, Sosa who went to Stuttgart, Sunjic to Blues, Moro who went to Dinamo Moscow or even Majer who is over the worst of his injuries and still in Zagreb.

All of these players would have been within our grasp when Slav was appointed, or this summer.
(01-03-2021, 05:17 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I can't say that's ever been a concern or care of mine.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(01-03-2021, 05:15 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Still don't see how signing one Croat is " packing your side with compatriots ", Slav signed as many Serbs as he did Croats.

Me either, but there's been a good few posters claiming it (apparently they all know what was in Slav's mind, even if there is little evidence for it)

Big Grin
(01-03-2021, 05:32 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Signing too many Grimboans is the only thing that has bothered me in the past.

Big Grin Big Grin

He then moved onto fugging family members
Compatriots, It could be argued he didn't sign enough.....

You really are pushing it mate.