Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vardy
If Vardy was to start, drinkwater should have gone. They have a telephathic understanding
(06-03-2016, 07:56 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote: If Vardy was to start, drinkwater should have gone. They have a telephathic understanding

Using this argument Marc Albrighton and Danny Simpson should have gone too.
(06-03-2016, 07:57 AM)Duffmon Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 07:56 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote: If Vardy was to start, drinkwater should have gone. They have a telephathic understanding

Not at all. Drinkwater balls over the top for Vardy were on a different understanding to what I've ever seen in club football
(06-03-2016, 07:59 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote:

Not at all. Drinkwater balls over the top for Vardy were on a different understanding to what I've ever seen in club football

Drinkwater had a couple of hames and wasn't very good in them. Had a great season but he's suited to Leicester's style, not the one Roy wants to play. For that reason he stays home.
(06-03-2016, 08:01 AM)Duffmon Wrote:

Drinkwater had a couple of hames and wasn't very good in them. Had a great season but he's suited to Leicester's style, not the one Roy wants to play. For that reason he stays home.

What system does Roy want to play?
Because I don't think he actually knows himself. The diamond or five in midfield or 4-3-3?
More questions than answers with less than a week to go for Euros
Whichever one he wants it doesn't involve Drinkwater apparently.
(06-03-2016, 08:02 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 08:01 AM)Duffmon Wrote:

What system does Roy want to play?
Because I don't think he actually knows himself. The diamond or five in midfield or 4-3-3?
More questions than answers with less than a week to go for Euros

Any one that accommodates Rooney by the look of it
Soloman Rondon's having a party, who the fugg is Jamie Vardy.
On the flip-side you could also say that it's better to experiment in friendlies than during a tournament. Rooney is his biggest dilemna though and this is the thing that could fugg everything else up. I think in terms of the squad itself he hasn't done a lot wrong at all and understandably has picked players who he knows have performed for him. I suppose that's the strange thing about leaving Townsend behind but it was always a tough choice of who to leave behind out of a three of him, Sturridge and Rashford.
I don't get this whole 'Rooney is the problem' mindset that so many people have. He's our captain, our record goal scorer and he's played a huge part in 2 years worth of preparation for this tournament. Ever since the World Cup ended I am sure that Roy and his staff set out a plan looking towards Euro 2016 saying we want to play like this, we want to set up like this, use this type of player, etc. Back then Vardy was 3rd choice striker for a newly promoted team so he wasn't even in our thinking.

Obviously he's gone on to have an amazing turn around and his impact last year was spectacular but the way Leicester have played is very different to how we have tried to play as a national team. It's unfortunate for Vardy but at this moment in time I just don't think he fits in. I don't think that just over a week before your first game at a tournament is the time to complete change your game plan for the benefit of one player. Trying to fit him and Kane in means you have to get two up front which is difficult outside of a flat 442 or he has to play wide in a 3 which doesn't work either. He's a good player and a very useful option from the bench, as he was against Germany a few months ago. For me that's how we should use him for the time being.