Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vardy
Rumours that Arsenal have triggered a £22M release clause in his contract.
(06-03-2016, 07:51 PM)Baggie66 Wrote: Rumours that Arsenal have triggered a £22M release clause in his contract.

I'd fugg off to Arsenal if I were him, his goals could be what they need to win a title. 1 prem winners medal or 2? He's 29... Very little loyalty in football so why the fugg not?
(06-03-2016, 07:51 PM)Baggie66 Wrote: Rumours that Arsenal have triggered a £22M release clause in his contract.

That's the polar opposote of a Wenger signing.
(06-03-2016, 08:05 PM)Ah Bhuna Matata Wrote:

I'd fugg off to Arsenal if I were him, his goals could be what they need to win a title. 1 prem winners medal or 2? He's 29... Very little loyalty in football so why the fugg not?

I wouldn't blame him either, time isn't on his side and Arsenal are one of the real big boys.
As Duffers said though, doesn't really strike me as an Arsenal signing.

(06-03-2016, 08:16 PM)Duffmon Wrote:

That's the polar opposote of a Wenger signing.

I agree. He will be waiting a long time for the long ball over the top at Arsenal.
As you say not a typical Wenger signing at all, be interesting to see how Wenger plays him if he goes there.
Venger would never play him but it fucks Leicester up.  20m is good value for that.
He's a good player, but given how he's been played at Leicester, that doesn't suit either England or certainly not Arsenal.

For England he's behind Kane in the pecking order, and we're messing around too much to get him in. Unless he's in a wide 3. He's a great option on the bench, bizarrely when we're already winning with 20/30 minutes to go. Works bloody hard and if we're sitting back he's a great out-ball. Would give us real threat on a counter and give the opposition something to worry about.

Don't get the Arsenal link. They play possession, passing football. How often is he going to get diagonal balls to run into space and on to? Not seen enough technical ability to play another way.

Up to him to prove the amateur experts wrong.
My opinion matters
Wenger must see something that we don't CA? He may think he could be like Suarez?
Spending £20m on a striker about to turn 30 with one good season behind him makes little sense for any club. It makes zero sense for Arsenal.
He has more years left on top flight compared to say Rooney because he started so late. Similar to G Mac
He's had a fantastic season no doubt about it, next season will be a real test for him.
He reminds me a bit of Andy Johnson, he had one very good prem season and never really hit those heights again after it.