Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vardy
I think he's better than AJ 66. AJ scored a shed load of penalties IIRC
(06-04-2016, 10:10 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote: I think he's better than AJ 66. AJ scored a shed load of penalties IIRC

He did indeed. Most of which he got himself when he went over in the box. I think after that one big season he had his burst of pace became less of a surprise to defenders.
Vardy may well go on to replicate this season, I just think defenders will be a bit wiser to him next season, maybe drop off him a little.
Vardy = a better Lee Hughes.
Vardy - 24 goals and 6 assists - excellent

Did Lee Hughes score a goal in the top league?
He did say better Lee Hughes to be fair.
(06-05-2016, 06:54 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: He did say better Lee Hughes to be fair.

Was not disagreeing or questioning

Similarly Messi- a better Sessegnon
(06-04-2016, 09:53 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote: He has more years left on top flight compared to say Rooney because he started so late. Similar to G Mac

I'm sure sure about that with Vardy running his balls off for so many years!

He's just the type of person Arsenal need. They have too many nice players who don't like confrontation.
I agree Arsenal need some more steel. I just don't see how they are going to fit Vardy into their style of play.

But Arsene is not an idiot, he'll have thought this over a lot already and will have plan.
(06-05-2016, 08:17 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I agree Arsenal need some more steel. I just don't see how they are going to fit Vardy into their style of play.

But Arsene is not an idiot, he'll have thought this over a lot already and will have plan.
Like you say Wenger's no idiot, and with the players Arsenal have they'll be able to play Vardy in early.
I can also see them going for Kante as well to toughen their central midfield as we all know Arsene likes his French players.
Wenger will use him the same way as Walcott.

Walcott has never been reliable enough to be the number 1 striker that's why Giroud and others have been backed.