Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Livermore not in England squad
Just announced. He's one of five standbys.

Squad:
Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley)
Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Kyle Walker, John Stones (Manchester City), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Jones, Ashley Young (Manchester United).
Midfielders: Eric Dier, Dele Alli (both Tottenham Hotspur), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea)
Forwards: Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal) Harry Kane (Tottenham)
Standby: Tom Heaton, James Tarkowski (Burnley), Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Jake Livermore (West Brom) and Adam Lallana (Liverpool).
Must be going 5-2-3 or 4-3-3 as we have no wide players in that. We have wide forwards and wingbacks but no natural wide men , Ashley Young aside.

Would appear Walker is being taken as one of the 3 CB's and TAA and Trippier tak up that RB/BWB slot.

Always disappointed not to see a "plan B" striker, a Carroll or Crouch etc. Because with all due respect, Welbeck isn't going to start and he doesn't have enough impact off the bench so seems a waste of a place.
I’d imagine Vardy and/or Rashford will be the impact players.
(05-16-2018, 01:28 PM)Lurkerreborn Wrote: Must be going 5-2-3 or 4-3-3 as we have no wide players in that. We have wide forwards and wingbacks but no natural wide men , Ashley Young aside.

Would appear Walker is being taken as one of the 3 CB's and TAA and Trippier tak up that RB/BWB slot.

Always disappointed not to see a "plan B" striker, a Carroll or Crouch etc. Because with all due respect, Welbeck isn't going to start and he doesn't have enough impact off the bench so seems a waste of a place.

Agree about Welbeck.

I'd have taken Lallana instead Alexander-Arnold. I know Lallana hasn't played much until recently, but I thought he was one of the few who came out of Euro 16 with any credit and I think he has improved under Klopp. A-A a bit too green.
(05-16-2018, 01:28 PM)Lurkerreborn Wrote: Must be going 5-2-3 or 4-3-3 as we have no wide players in that. We have wide forwards and wingbacks but no natural wide men , Ashley Young aside.

Wouldn't disagree at all although Welbeck has played in the wide-ish position of a front 3 for both Arsenal and England. Strangely seems to play better for England than Arsenal.
(05-16-2018, 01:35 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

Agree about Welbeck.

I'd have taken Lallana instead Alexander-Arnold. I know Lallana hasn't played much until recently, but I thought he was one of the few who came out of Euro 16 with any credit and I think he has improved under Klopp. A-A a bit too green.

If Lallana was fully fit then he’d be in IMO, he’s barely played last few months.

From that squad I’d guess the XI will be along the lines of:

Pickford
           Maguire Stones Walker
Rose.                                      Trippier/TAA
                Henderson Dier
      Stirling.     Kane.     Lingard

Just noticed I’ve got the left/right wing backs wrong way round but you get the idea.
If Lallana is fit enough for standby then he’s got enough for the squad. He should be going ahead of TAA
(05-16-2018, 01:54 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: If Lallana is fit enough for standby then he’s got enough for the squad. He should be going ahead of TAA

Just read Lallana has only played 236 minutes in the PL all season. Shouldn’t even be on standby really.
(05-16-2018, 01:47 PM)Duffmon Wrote: If Lallana was fully fit then he’d be in IMO, he’s barely played last few months.

From that squad I’d guess the XI will be along the lines of:

Pickford
           Maguire Stones Walker
Rose.                                      Trippier/TAA
                Henderson Dier
      Stirling.     Kane.     Lingard

Just noticed I’ve got the left/right wing backs wrong way round but you get the idea.

Butland
            Walker          Stone            Dier
Trippier             Alli             Henderson        Young
           Sterling                            Rashford
                                Kane
I can see Welbeck being dropped for Livermore or Lallana (if he's actually fit).

We've also got two friendlies coming up deadline for the 23 squad is the 4th June - can certainly see a couple of changes in that.