Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Livermore not in England squad
(05-16-2018, 02:15 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: I can see Welbeck being dropped for Livermore or Lallana  (if he's actually fit).

We've also got two friendlies coming up deadline for the 23 squad is the 4th June - can certainly see a couple of changes in that.

Barring injuries that’s the final squad.
No Sturridge?   Wink

I could maybe see Livermore still being here next season.   Stayed with Hull when they got relegated.
(05-16-2018, 02:22 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 02:15 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: I can see Welbeck being dropped for Livermore or Lallana  (if he's actually fit).

We've also got two friendlies coming up deadline for the 23 squad is the 4th June - can certainly see a couple of changes in that.

Barring injuries that’s the final squad.

I see. Considering we've got till 4th of June to submit it, seems a bit frickin stupid.
This is a good piece on Southgate:

http://www.football365.com/news/england-...-evolution
Ive been in a coma for 4 years... what happened to Saido Berahino ? Big Grin
the lords my shepherd i'll not want 
he takes me down to lye
in pastures green
he leadeth me 
the quiet waters by
(05-16-2018, 01:28 PM)Lurkerreborn Wrote: Must be going 5-2-3 or 4-3-3 as we have no wide players in that. We have wide forwards and wingbacks but no natural wide men , Ashley Young aside.

Would appear Walker is being taken as one of the 3 CB's and TAA and Trippier tak up that RB/BWB slot.

Always disappointed not to see a "plan B" striker, a Carroll or Crouch etc. Because with all due respect, Welbeck isn't going to start and he doesn't have enough impact off the bench so seems a waste of a place.

Carroll is never fit, it would be like taking Sturridge and Crouch is 37, he can't last a game and isn't at this level any longer. That leaves us with the Glenn Murrays, Ashley Barnes' (or is he Austrian?) or Troy Deeneys of the league if you want a target player. Of course, players like Callum Wilson, Tammy Abraham, Jay Rodriguez and Charlie Austin all have more PL goals than Welbeck this season but are they ask good as quality wise? Much of a muchness but Welbeck probably shades it as he's got that bit more of International Experience.
As I’ve said before, Welbeck usually plays well for Wngland and his goal return is actually pretty respectable - 15 in 37 appearances.