Pereira
(01-21-2021, 10:13 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 10:08 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 09:59 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 09:53 AM)Duffers Wrote: Not entirely sure what point you are trying to make here FF.

As said, I’d expect most players to have release clauses. They play for West Brom now, but they’ll be thinking that if they do well it could lead to a move to bigger things. As long as the clause isn’t too low then I don’t see much of a problem.

Same with relegation clauses, most players aren’t signing to play in the Championship so will want a get out if we do drop.

Just pointing out that release clauses are not uncommon for Albion players and therefore the big profit posters think we could make on selling players is probably not the case.  I’d expect Grady. Pereira and Grant (not that his would be triggered Big Grin) to have a release clause.

Depends how big the clause is. Given that good Championship players now go for £25m+ I would be disappointed if Periera’s is less than £40m. If he performs to standard that interests bigger clubs then that becomes a fair price.

His contract was agreed before we got to see how good he is and as we know, we bought him for a cracking price and would be amazed if his would be that high as a result and would guess around £20m- £25m.

I’d expect the new contract that’s been offered would take care of that. Extra £20k a week in exchange for an extra £20m on his release clause.
(01-21-2021, 10:14 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 09:53 AM)Duffers Wrote: Not entirely sure what point you are trying to make here FF.

As said, I’d expect most players to have release clauses. They play for West Brom now, but they’ll be thinking that if they do well it could lead to a move to bigger things. As long as the clause isn’t too low then I don’t see much of a problem.

Same with relegation clauses, most players aren’t signing to play in the Championship so will want a get out if we do drop.

Just pointing out that release clauses are not uncommon for Albion players and therefore the big profit posters think we could make on selling players is probably not the case.  I’d expect Grady. Pereira and Grant (not that his would be triggered Big Grin) to have a release clause.

Depends how big the clause is. Given that good Championship players now go for £25m+ I would be disappointed if Periera’s is less than £40m. If he performs to standard that interests bigger clubs then that becomes a fair price.

His contract was agreed before we got to see how good he is and as we know, we bought him for a cracking price and would be amazed if his would be that high as a result and would guess around £20m- £25m.

Norwich want £50m for Buendia. £25m is way too low.

With hindsight seeing his ability, of course it is.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the contract now being offered to Pereira has increased the release clause value of o reflect his ability that he has shown.

(01-21-2021, 10:19 AM)Duffers Wrote:

I’d expect the new contract that’s been offered would take care of that. Extra £20k a week in exchange for an extra £20m on his release clause.

You beat me to it. Great minds and that Big Grin
Seen lots of stuff from fans saying the club are not worth even £100m, which Ive always said is rubbish given value of fixed assets, parachute payments, playing staff & future ticket income plus nil debt ..

...but that was before it was clear Pereira & Johnstone are worth minimum of a third of that figure alone

To me Pereira value is minimum of £25m, but if he carries on and performs through the season it’s up to 40 - 50% more. Johnstone probably £12m - £14m min, if we stayed up think it’s £5m more