The "Why did I never think of that before?" thread
Have always been a fan of Christmas cake yet the rest of the family hate it, mainly because of the marzipan, which I love and is my favourite constituent part. So why has it taken me so many years to realize that I can just go to a supermarket and buy a whole lump of the stuff to scoff to myself without fear of anyone else pilfering it?

<cue "nap" from Mayo>
So you CAN have your Marzipan and eat it.
(01-22-2021, 01:22 PM)Fido Wrote: Have always been a fan of Christmas cake yet the rest of the family hate it, mainly because of the marzipan, which I love and is my favourite constituent part. So why has it taken me so many years to realize that I can just go to a supermarket and buy a whole lump of the stuff to scoff to myself without fear of anyone else pilfering it?

<cue "nap" from Mayo>
If you like the cake with the marzipan why not get more marzipan cake?  The family can let you have marzipan so there is twice the marzipan for you and enough cake for everybody.

You have underthought AND overthought this, Fiders.
I thought this would be a thread about great inventions of recent years, which you had a brief flash of brilliance into and never pursued, only for it to be discovered later.
However, it starts with a bloke who is happy when he has lots of cake! FFS
(01-22-2021, 01:51 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I thought this would be a thread about great inventions of recent years, which you had a brief flash of brilliance into and never pursued, only for it to be discovered later.
However, it starts with a bloke who is happy when he has lots of cake! FFS

Have you recycled your trees into garden furniture yet  Big Grin ?
It'll end in tiers Fido.
Temarzipan is better.
This reminds me of a Joe Lycett skit.
" I had a piss while in the shower today, what a timesaver, why have I never thought of that before"?
I am definitely going to make my own marzipan one day, as I love it. however like loads of things making it yourself will cost more than buying pre-made and that annoys me.
(01-23-2021, 01:21 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I am definitely going to make my own marzipan one day, as I love it. however like loads of things making it yourself will cost more than buying pre-made and that annoys me.

I have made it. Two things -
1. the taste is vastly superior to the shop bought stuff
2. It is not yellow.