Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realism
Too little of it about, with way too much optimism before the season started and way too much pessimism being voiced by idiots who doubt the new manager.

Take a deep breath, think of that game/point ration Big Dave achieved, and watch it unfold. It will be different, and while BD may not have managed before, his passion is UNDOUBTED.

Up to the club to ensure he has good support on the DOF role.

On to the future.
Here here. Well said.
(05-18-2018, 06:30 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Too little of it about, with way too much optimism before the season started and way too much pessimism being voiced by idiots who doubt the new manager.

Take a deep breath, think of that game/point ration Big Dave achieved, and watch it unfold. It will be different, and while BD may not have managed before, his passion is UNDOUBTED.

On to the future.

So anyone with any questions about a Head Coach with only six games under his belt is an idiot? I love this boards group think. No one wants DM to fail but some are questioning the rather large gaps in our knowledge of him as manager. Odd use of the word realism for the title of your thread btw.
(05-18-2018, 07:23 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 06:30 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Too little of it about, with way too much optimism before the season started and way too much pessimism being voiced by idiots who doubt the new manager.

On to the future.

So anyone with any questions about a Head Coach with only six games under his belt is an idiot? I love this boards group think. No one wants DM to fail but some are questioning the rather large gaps in our knowledge of him as manager. Odd use of the word realism for the title of your thread btw.
Who was referring to some of our fans as numpties yesterday?

On to the future.

Derek you’re spot on....and that took some typing

Cuzer
(05-18-2018, 08:56 AM)King Astle Wrote:

On to the future.

Well those that put style of play before anything else are   Angel Big Grin 

Not sure it's idiotic to ask questions of an appointment that is a huge gamble particularly when we have no permanent DoF. A new scouting network to put together (do we have any senior scouts currently?) How many players will we need to replace? A transfer window disrupted by the World Cup and how much money will we have to spend? Oh and for some we don't know what style of play DM will play. How stupid of those asking questions to have some concerns.

On to the future.
I approach unknown /untested things with a healthy, questioning scepticism that way if it doesn’t work out I’m not too upset and take a balanced perspective. I am not convinced by bd as manager and wanted smith who has more experience of doing pretty well in chumpwhile playing decent football.
 But I could be wrong, I often am.
(05-18-2018, 07:08 AM)Peachy Wrote: Here here. Well said.

Where? Where?
(05-18-2018, 09:06 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

On to the future.

Not sure it's idiotic to ask questions of an appointment that is a huge gamble particularly when we have no permanent DoF. A new scouting network to put together (do we have any senior scouts currently?) How many players will we need to replace? A transfer window disrupted by the World Cup and how much money will we have to spend? Oh and for some we don't know what style of play DM will play. How stupid of those asking questions to have some concerns.
Funny though how you take great offence when some are called idiots but when people aren’t singing from your song sheet it’s fine. 
The lack of a good dof combined with an inexperienced manager is a risk. The problem with the lack of backroom infrastrucutre to help any manager out of course leads to the conclusion that the only solution is to employ a Pulis type of manager, one that controls everything. That’s kind of what has got us where we are now. We can either go backwards to that (I know you are still upset over your mate Tony going) or hope the club have a plan in place to build the right support team and this is the 1st part of that puzzle.

(05-18-2018, 09:44 AM)King Astle Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 09:06 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

On to the future.

Funny though how you take great offence when some are called idiots but when people aren’t singing from your song sheet it’s fine. 
The lack of a good dof combined with an inexperienced manager is a risk. The problem with the lack of backroom infrastrucutre to help any manager out of course leads to the conclusion that the only solution is to employ a Pulis type of manager, one that controls everything. That’s kind of what has got us where we are now. We can either go backwards to that (I know you are still upset over your mate Tony going) or hope the club have a plan in place to build the right support team and this is the 1st part of that puzzle.

The only people who still go on about Pulis are you and the other handful of anti-pulis zealots. You forget or more accurately conveniently omit that our DoF model failed just as miserably in the end which is why we ended up with Pulis's / Pardew's tenures. The only system that works is on reliant on the very best people you can attract and afford in their respective positions. That's it, there is no right or wrong way to operate. The best time for 'our system' was strangely when we had the best we could attract in Ashworth and RH funny that...

I have said I wanted Dean Smith from day one of Pardew's sacking, a manager who plays completely the opposite style of football than what you think I like, and is comfortable and experienced working within a DoF model. We have an opportunity now to reinvent ourselves but we also have a huge rebuild to do with a HC / Manager with very little experience to judge whether he can, no senior scouting network and a temporary DoF hardly solid foundations to feel comfortable with. If it makes you feel better though I and several others are questioning the decision because we are all besotted with Pulis.